• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Inconsistant ink problems...

signswi

One wash. You could make your own wash and pull it through the lines manually it'd save a lot of cash.

We've had this issue before too, didn't think of cleaning the encoder sensor -- something to do this weekend. I also sometimes wonder if it's the Y adjustment being off just slightly enough to show in really solid prints but not a problem normally.

Rooster

passes don't lay down more ink, higher resolution does... double hits do too obviously....

A higher number of passes does allow you to lay down more ink. The slower print speed allows you to increase the ink limits since it increases the drying time of the media for the same print surface area. It's possible to lay down a ridiculous amount of ink, so long as you print slow enough for it to dry without pooling or bleeding.

Rooster

We've had this issue before too, didn't think of cleaning the encoder sensor -- something to do this weekend. I also sometimes wonder if it's the Y adjustment being off just slightly enough to show in really solid prints but not a problem normally.

Keep an eye on the y-axis motor. According to my local tech, Mimaki has identified that these can fail earlier than they were expecting them to.

radiohead223

@radiohead223 I've inspected the cables, all good there. I also use large flow dampers, but it was what shipped with my machine so I matched, but you may be on to something. I've also printed a solid block of C-M-Y-K and CMK all do the same thing. Yellow I cant tell.

I've played with temps, and doesn't seem to result in anything different except for paper buckling at higher temps which causes its own problems.[/QUOTE]

when you first changed out the dampers how was the print quality. was it able to print CMYK in solid blocks ok in those long runs across the print?

if it can i think i would be looking back at you ink feed lines and they might have a build up in them that you will need to clean