• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160SP strange markers

haribo578

Hi there, i wonder if anyone else has had this same problem, i cant get rid of it and its driving me crazy. First of all im printing onto white vinyl 1370 wide, if i print within 100mm - 150mm of either the right or left side i get a strange marker like 4 or 5 dots ( .... ) like so every 50mm down the side.

However if i adjust the print 150mm horizontally or centre the print (aslong as its not 150mm within each edge it doesnt print it.

I have been told its a software issue but im not convinced considering i tryed printing from a different format, a different computer and a different version of Shiraz. Any ideas?

Also i was told to try and give the clear band behind the rubber band which runs the print heads up and down the printer. still nothing.

Currently have alot of banding on the Cyan aswell, some nozzles are blocked which im doing a nozzle wash over night for 99 mins which is clearing it up but the Cyan has banding one end but not the other end, surely if it was the head causing this then it would do it all along the print and not a certain place????

Any ideas people could suggest. would be very grateful

Cheers

artbot

send a pic. one note. i once had little rectangles being printed spontaneously here and there on my substrates. it was a loose black data cable.

haribo578

Oh right i have attached some pictures of the banding aswell as the strange markings that are being printed.

I tried using a new firewire cable if you mean that data cable, if not where would i find these other data cables?

Attachments

• 12012011769.jpg
    12012011769.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 70
  • printer lines.jpg
    printer lines.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 83

Letterbox Mike

Take the black plastic triangular shaped cover over the heads off and VERY GENTLY check to make sure all of the ribbon cables that run from the slider board (it's vertical and to the back of the head carriage assembly) to the tops of the heads are firmly seated. There are 8 cables. We had a similar problem once, one of the cables was loose.

haribo578

I have tried giving these cables a little push and a wiggle, both going to the heads and the circuit board, done a test print and still have the same outcome, i did notice though that the second head black cover (magenta) was a little more movable than the others? anything to worry about?

tbaker

your banding looks to be caused by a couple things. It looks like nozzle deflection and blocked jets in cyan are causing a portion of it, and from what I can see, ink starvation for the rest. It's kind of hard to see what is dropping to cause it tho.

Try this, when you are printing and start to notice it, cancel your print and immediately do a nozzle test print, it may give you an indication of which other color is being affected.

I want to say it's cyan, but again, from the quality of the picture it's a little difficult to say.

haribo578

I have tried that and its definately only cyan causing the problem, i remember awhile ago someone tried doing a head wash to give the heads and lines a clean through, however it didnt clear the problem up, but i do notice where the lines run to the heads from at the back and top of the printer, the lines look a little emptyish ( not very technical i know), but before you could see the lines flowing with ink but they do look a little faint????

haribo578

I have managed to get the printing more better since i see another user mention cleaning the encoder strip senor, much better prints with solid colours other than when i print cyan and Magenta mixed. still a little banding, have noticed on the encoder strip is a few scratches so will be replacing that soon. Any ideas on the tiny markers still would be a great help!!!

4R Graphics

haribo578,
We were having a similar issue with the cyan and magenta banding. We ended up doing a media comp2 adjustment then media comp then the X direction cal and its pretty much cleared up all but the deflection problem we have.

If you do the media comp2 adjustment it stays in the tech manual that you will HAVE to readjust the others.

Dont know about the dots but maybe this will help with the banding(stripes) as it worked for us.

If you dont have the tech manual ask. Someone will give you a copy or you can find it online.

haribo578

had alook in the tech book but it doesnt go into much detail.....

Would you beable to run through it with me please?