• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 message error 07 head -------*

Freeride

Hi there,
i had a paper jam on my JV3, now i have the error message:

ERROR 07 HEAD -------*

I'm try to get information, but i didn't get.
Somebody have info.

Is it come from head 4 channel B ? I'm not sure, the problem is it come from the head from the right side?
I had check all cable are ok, nothing seems wrong...

The jam came when the carriage move right to left.

Any comments or solutions?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Freeride

I found which head but still have error 07???

I'm continuing to work on my printer,
I found the problem come from head on right side, channel B
But... I replaced this head with a use one had... STRANGE...
Problem still the same... I still have the error message: error 07 -------*

With an other head same error message????

I tried to reset the main board, i removed the battery, but same problem, same message???

I switched head to left side example ( Black) and the problem are continuing, now i got the error message: error 07 -*------

So i have used 2 heads, same problem, anyone have idea where's problem from...

ERROR 07!!!!!

wrapman jamz

The first thing I did was call MImaki directly (My local tech knew nothing)
They walked me thru it and it turned out to be a corroded cable connector
They advised me to take the cables from the head next to it and swith them, then reboot and see if the * on cable #8 moved. It did. Cable was $7 at macmedia.com
Macmedia sells heads for @$545 on ebay and they are new and work great!

Hope this helps

Morph1

Print all
Hi there guys,

I am getting the same message today as Freeride,

Error 07 head *-------, I know its the black left side either the head or the data cable or perhaps something different,
I swapped the cables and it cleared the error, however after placing the cables back where they're suppsed to be the error cleared,
now when I did the Test Print head pattern, I get the left side black print half missing, and over the the black test print area I am getting a magenta halo rectangle....,

what could that be ???
anyone ??

thanks.

Freese

Error 07
• Abnormal head temperature is
detected.

1) Has ink in the camper run out?
2) Check the FPC cable connection.
3) Replace the Slider PCB with a new one.
4) Replace the head with a new one.
5) Replace the main PCB with a new one.

Morph1

Print all
thanks for the reply,
I ran diagnostics swapping cables, and the problem still remains at black head #1, after rebooting the printer on boot I can hear a sizzling noise coming from the head and then get the loud beep and error info.
I need a new head assembly...,

I came across some website in China , guys asking 650US for a new head,
has anyone from here been dealing with EEC,

anyone?

thanks

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
Yahoo has a great user group for the JV3. Go to yahhoo.com and click on groups. Enter Mimaki into the search and you will be able to sign up. There are hundreds of posts on this. Also be careful when switching out the cables. If there not done in the correct order you will fry the slider board and cause it to print garbage. Slider boards are $1500 new or $200 to repair from Macmedia.

Morph1

Print all
Yahoo has a great user group for the JV3. Go to yahhoo.com and click on groups. Enter Mimaki into the search and you will be able to sign up. There are hundreds of posts on this. Also be careful when switching out the cables. If there not done in the correct order you will fry the slider board and cause it to print garbage. Slider boards are $1500 new or $200 to repair from Macmedia.

thanks for your reply,

parts already ordered from Macmedia,
Great Prices ;) - Fast Service :thankyou:

SingsByMilsoft

I am having the same problem. I changed out the ribbons and moved them around and still have the same problem in the same place no matter what I do.
ERROR 07
Head(**------)
Maybe it is the slider board going out?

Does anyone have a idea that I haven't tried yet?

Saturday and Sunday everything ran just fine, no problems until I came in this morning.

MikePro

power down your machine, and re-seat your ribbon cables making sure they're in the right place. if one of the cables is not making proper connection, or matching cables coming out of the sliderboard go to two different heads... you'll get this message.

always power down the machine, unplug from wall, and press the power button a few times to discharge any remaining power in the system before pulling ribbon cables. you could fry the slider/mother board if not.

also noted: ribbon cable placement is as follows.... sliderboard: 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 printhead slots: 12345678

Thanks Mike for the fast reply.

I have moved the ribbons around and even tried a new ribbon I had and still get the same "Error 07 (**------).

I would think that if you move the ribbons around at least the problem would move also, but it didn't. You know, take the "K" ribbon off the slider and move the ribbon to "M" that the error would move to "Error 07 (--**----).

So maybe it is my "Slider" board going out. IDK tho.
Any help is heplful.

Thanks

Chris

macmedia

Chris - you just ordered flush from us

If you run out of diagnosis, we do fix most Mimaki, Roland and Mutoh boards at a flat rate. No charge (except for shipping) if we don't find anything wrong. We offer a 24-48hr turnaround or faster if needed.

Regards,
Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
Chester, NY 10918 USA
www.macmedia.com

artbot

just a note the guys at macmedia are great. sent off a slider board a few years back it came back "ok". no charge except for shipping. it's nice to have some truly honest businessmen out there.

manix78

Hello

I had the same error 07. I replaced the print head and error is gone but cant print. Any ideas?
test print - image1
swat data test print - image2

all data cable is new.

Best regards
Mario

Attachments

• ph1.jpg
    ph1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 473
  • ph2.jpg
    ph2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 526

rubberpanman

Error 07 Head ****--

I replaced cables and still reads the same. I swapped two cables on the slider board and the error moved so I guess the problem is with the two heads. One head has ink primed to it the other does not. I also tried swapping cables out from slider board to heads with new ones and still the same error. How can I fix this? Are the heads trashed or is it an easy fix? The printer had been drained of ink previously and I was trying to fill with ink after running cleaning solvent through the system.