Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help JV33-160 Printing All Black

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Say, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Say

Say New Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Nevada
    Hello,

We are newbies and need some help troubleshooting out printer. We don't use our printer often so we tend to have issues with ink/lines drying up. However, we've never encountered this latest issue so we don't really know how to fix it. The test draw seems to only print black and it's printing on the metal plate. Has anyone else encountered this?

Say

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    You have a short in the print head circuit. Usually it's a damaged or dirty print head cable. That's usually where I start. If the cable has any damage at all I would replace it. If it's dirty sometimes you can clean it but I recommend just getting a new one in this case as it's usually the issue. That being said, it can also just be a bad head, slider board, trailing cables or main board unfortunately. Essentially somewhere the single to the head is getting shorted and you need to find out where.

3. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Bring the printhead to the maintenance area on the left. Shine a flash light on it and see if black ink starts to leak or bead up on the printhead surface. If yes the black damper is stuck open.

4. BillyP

BillyP New Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Bowen qld Australia
    Check to see if the mainboard fan is working. If not everything gets to hot and causes the head to spontaneously fire all together....I had the problem myself

5. Say

Say New Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Nevada
    Thank you for all your suggestions. We took out the print head cables and it looks like some solvent got in there when we were cleaning/flushing the ink lines (they got dry). Hope this solves it. We'll keep you guys updated.