• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV33-160 Printing All Black

Say

Hello,

We are newbies and need some help troubleshooting out printer. We don't use our printer often so we tend to have issues with ink/lines drying up. However, we've never encountered this latest issue so we don't really know how to fix it. The test draw seems to only print black and it's printing on the metal plate. Has anyone else encountered this?

Say

Attachments

• JV33 All Black.jpg
    JV33 All Black.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 251

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have a short in the print head circuit. Usually it's a damaged or dirty print head cable. That's usually where I start. If the cable has any damage at all I would replace it. If it's dirty sometimes you can clean it but I recommend just getting a new one in this case as it's usually the issue. That being said, it can also just be a bad head, slider board, trailing cables or main board unfortunately. Essentially somewhere the single to the head is getting shorted and you need to find out where.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Bring the printhead to the maintenance area on the left. Shine a flash light on it and see if black ink starts to leak or bead up on the printhead surface. If yes the black damper is stuck open.

BillyP

Check to see if the mainboard fan is working. If not everything gets to hot and causes the head to spontaneously fire all together....I had the problem myself

Say

Thank you for all your suggestions. We took out the print head cables and it looks like some solvent got in there when we were cleaning/flushing the ink lines (they got dry). Hope this solves it. We'll keep you guys updated.