• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 damper problem and solution

I just thought I should share this and possibly save someone else the headache and a few hours out of their life.

Replaced the dampers on magenta on my JV33 when I noticed what looked like some possible ink starvation on a heavy red print. After changing the dampers, magenta wasn't printing at all.

Went through the usual troubleshooting assuming that I lost compression on the print head. Pump was working correctly, capping station was clean and no tears in the rubber, etc...

Tried doing the syringe pull to get ink into the print head, nothing seemed to be working. Went deeper into the machines plumbing. Everything was checking out fine.

Was about ready to throw in towel and happened to notice the smallest drop of ink on the compression fitting on top of the quick connect for one of the magenta dampers.

The compression fitting nut was loose! Just loose enough that it wasn't seating well and letting a little air into the system.

Anyway after tightening the nut and going through the normal maintenance procedures the printer is back up and running.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but just thought it might save one some aggravation later on.

~Chris

4R Graphics

Yah thanks for the tip.

I love My JV33!
Now if I could just figure out how to get perfectlly matched colors from every print. LOL I would be a super printer.

Masseria

Yah thanks for the tip.

I love My JV33!
Now if I could just figure out how to get perfectlly matched colors from every print. LOL I would be a super printer.

pantone color profiler for calibration and you are godlike.

calibrate, jv33 with scanner and with pc screen...

Rooster

It's the old.....

Is it plugged in yo! solution. The littlest details that are overlooked cause the biggest headaches.

My RIP keep not finding my JV33. I wish I was paid for the number of times I've reloaded drivers and other **** that didn't work when it's a simple pull down menu to change it from USB4 back to USB 1 as the connection right in the RIP that I have overlooked an embarrassing 4 or 5 times now.

You'd think I would have learned after the first one or two times, but no. Go for the difficult stuff first and don't double check the simple things, is apparently my new mantra.