• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 to print Roland Versawork Print/Cut Crop Marks

DigitalBBQ

Anyone has any idea how to print Roland Versawork print/cut crop marks using JV33? (Favor the JV33 print speed, but need to use SP540v to cut the countour )

Dave L.

You would have to have sign software like flexi, then select the kind of cropmarks you wanted. This software has to have a RIP.

Dice

I assume that Roland Versawork won't drive the Mimaki?

Your only bet is Flexi or Onyx if that is the case.

DigitalBBQ

Normally the versawork is using to send PRINT, and CUT job consecutively or send it PRINT first, then go laminate, and come back to CUT later within the versawork application. However, we have the JV33 and thought it may be possible to send the versawork crop marks and the artwork printing to JV33, and then bring back to Roland's versawork to do the cut.

May be there is a little trick to output the versawork print/cut registration marks ?

Or anyone know how to add JV33 printer device to the v7.6v2 ?

SignsOfMaine

ugh... best guess:
Get all the settings (including crop marks) the way you want, then choose to save rather than print. Save it as a .prt file. Then use one of the prt-to-pdf converters like PDF Converter Pro. Once it's a PDF you can do whatever you want with it, including drop it back into versa.

DigitalBBQ

Versawork rip can only save job(s) or export as its native file(s). And it can only be translate or read by its rip. The rip engine is the one sending the crop marks. It will encoded the crop marks when sending data to the printer to print them.

cgsigns_jamie

Flexi should be able to do this, when you send it to the printer just select the roland crop marks in the settings window of print setup.

You will to have both machines setup in production manager in order for this to work, you will send both the print file and cut file directly from Flexi.

I don't have my Flexi key with me at the house so I can't walk you through the setup process right now but I know it can be done.

DigitalBBQ

On Flexi v8.6 should be no problem the device of both setup are there, but how to add JV33 printer device on the Flexi v7.6v2 ?