• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

KeenCut Excalibur 5000: any opinion?

Patentagosse

I've been offered this for a very fair price but never used this kind of board cutter before. I have a Fletcher Titan 100" for my prints and coroplast but when it comes to cut DiBond (Alu composite panel), it doesn't work. I have to use my table saw for perfect cuts but it's a real mess at the end and it's in the same space I install wrap and laminate my prints... Yeah, not the best match...

Is it sturdy? Does it needs frequent blade / parts replacement?
I plan to use it for Alupanels more than any other type of panel...

What's your thoughts 'bout KeenCut products?

Thanks

Letterbox Mike

We had one for several years but hardly used it. The "pizza wheel" cutter does cut through 3mm ACM boards fairly easily but it requires a good bit of force. Honestly for cutting Dibond and the like I think a saw is just easier at the end of the day. We ended up buying a Festool TrackSaw and it works great and is almost dustless with a shop vac hooked up.

That, or honestly, a utility knife and ruler cut ACM just fine too, you just have to make a lot of passes, but it works great and is clean...

Patentagosse

Thanks guys.
Another shop in my neighborhood want to get rid of it and offered it to me for $500 but mentioned it needs some parts to be replaced (pizza wheels and teflon guide).
'Looked on my supplier's website and it sells like $3700 over here (!!!)
I won't let pass this deal...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We absolutely love our Keen cutter, but it's a 126" flat cutter for nothing much more than 6mm PVC. Just about anything other than metals.

However, our Fletcher 3000 cuts up to almost 1/2" anything except 1/4" alumalite and things.