• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Cleaning Kit Replacement

jayhawksigns

For the printhead cleaning kit, do you replace it when it hits 100% or do you wait for the printer to ask you to replace it?? Ours just ticked over to 101%.
Thanks.

jayhawksigns

I read somewhere about the cleaning kit usage not reporting properly, guess this is the case then.

Will it request it in the middle of a print? Changing the cleaning cart would not be a problem, the funnel might would be a different story though.

Freese

I read somewhere about the cleaning kit usage not reporting properly, guess this is the case then.

Will it request it in the middle of a print? Changing the cleaning cart would not be a problem, the funnel might would be a different story though.

The funnel is easy to replace

GP

I have to shop for one now as well.

Been riding out these warnings for a while.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Ours is asking to change it since 1 week into owning the damn thing. Its annoying....needs to be changed in a couple weeks here. Just waiting it out and keeping an eye on the kit.

jayhawksigns

I let it get to 80% before I ordered a cleaning kit this time. Going to go ahead and order one to have on hand, just in case.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I was a knucklehead and ordered 2....lol. oh well, got plenty and wont run out for a loooong time!

Typestries

Yes, and if you continue to ignore the messages, it'll just spin the blotter cloth off of the feed, and start spitting to the plastic. Then, it builds up there, heads hit it, and you get dropout. Just so ya know. Yeah, the accounting on it is whacked.

Freese

We always stock 2 of everything just in case
A good idea. It's a consumable, and will have to be replaced eventually....might as well have some on hand as to not put oneself in a bind when it goes out or if it's a faulty one.

ProWraps

these should be stocked just like your ink carts are in your shop. they are a consumable and will be consumed proportionatly to your ink consumption. we buy them buy the 6 lot and go through many. its just part of how these machines operate.

if you are at 100% or more, then just change it. do it through the front menu.

It will tell you when it gets close to being full. The toilet paper cleaning cartridge is replaceable while still printing. However if you choose to also replace the ink funnel while printing it will cancel your print and make you wait until the printing area cools.