• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Voltage

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
Getting the wiring for my new L25500 and our building is wired for 3 phase.
Coming off the circuit panel I'm showing 214 volts which is less than the 220-240 recommended for the printer. However the directions show (-10% and +6%) for a variance which tells me I'm ok.
But in another section of the directions is says if you only have 208 volts from a 3 phase system, you will need a step up transformer to 240 volts.
So am I safe or do I need a transformer? Any electricians here?
Thanks for your help! Glad to be apart of the signs101 family!
Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
Thanks for the help!
Here's what I ordered.

Line No:
1 Stock No:
93K6583 Manufacturer Part No:
HS19F500B UOM
Each 1 Quantity Shipped:
1 Price:
$124.44 Extended Price:
$124.44 Customer Part Number: Description: Buck Boost Transformer; Primary Voltages:2 x 120V; Secondary Voltages:2 x 12V; Current Rating:41.6A; Power Rating:500VA; Transformer Mounting:panel; Secondary Current Nom:41.6A; Peak Reflow Compatible (260 C):No

Ordered from:
Newark/element14, they had free shipping as well.
So if your building only has 3 phase 208 volt power, you will need a couple of these to step up the voltage.
Now we know!
Doc

solo

My L25500 worked fine at 208v, so I would try it first and see if you really need it. Good luck.