• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Waves

So...I'm supposed to clean 20' length of 60" banner material before I print on it???!! Uh...I don't think so. There has to be a better solution. Or a material that this doesn't happen with.

Water-based Latex ink may be more susceptible to the effects of Plasticizers on the print surface than other inks that are more chemically aggressive (solvent for example). As mentioned previously, all PVC banner medias contain plasticizers. They are there to make the media pliable.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

MIMO

Agreed, don't shoot the messenger....next time he might not share his know how. He is 100% correct and just saved you a crap load of time and money. The average vendor certainly isn't going to be so forthcoming.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Wasn't "shooting the messenger"....and he hasn't saved me anything because I haven't been offered a solution other than wiping an entire roll of banner material with alcohol.
After some digging around and talking to others, it seems there really is no gloss banner material than can run on latex. I just got a roll of matter banner that is supposedly guaranteed to run on latex.
THAT info would have been more helpful than "try another roll".

Christian @ 2CT Media

Your Statement is 100% untrue.... I print Gloss banner everyday.

Arlon DPF313
Arlon DPF315
Arlon DPF318
BeBanner
Ultraflex LX lines

All of the above work properly in both my old L25 and the new L26, if you get that wave issue send it back to your supplier and ask for a fresher roll of material.

eahicks

Well it isn't untrue here. Have tried 2 gloss materials, ran it with so low of heat the ink could wipe off. STILL has waves in it.
Running matte banner with no issues. Guess your machines are 'special'.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Call N.Glantz and order be banner 13oz, they offer a money back guarantee (at least her they do) and if you have onyx x10.2 I can send you my profile that works fornus.

danno

I have found that the L26500 is the perfect banner machine. Now I just need to find the perfect banner. I have had samples from about every manufacture. I like Bantex the best, but they have the shortest shelf life. I am currently using Grimco's Forward banner. It is the best I have found for the shelf life that I require.

eahicks

Your Statement is 100% untrue.... I print Gloss banner everyday.

Arlon DPF313
Arlon DPF315
Arlon DPF318
BeBanner
Ultraflex LX lines

All of the above work properly in both my old L25 and the new L26, if you get that wave issue send it back to your supplier and ask for a fresher roll of material.

Also where are you getting Ultraflex in an LX line? I see no such product....only Jetflex and FL lines.