• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Label printing

jigsaw

Hi forum guru's,
We have a roland xc540 and are trying to source rolls of paper that have a peel off back that we can use for label making, has anyone done this before? It seems like a simple thing but getting the media is a nightmare.
cheers

CanuckSigns

The only adhesive backed paper I know of that can be printed on a Eco sol max printer is made by Roland. But there is no real price advantage to it over standard vinyl.

rjssigns

If you plan on doing thousands of labels sub it out. While you may be able to get the roll stock how will you handle/keep it in register? Those rolls are most likely for dedicated presses and are 1000' up to 3000' long.

We looked into doing in house labels with our Roland and there is no way to make money. That is why we sub out. We use a contractor that can make a million labels a day off one press.

If you have enough repeat business that does volume you can invest in a dedicated label press. These will print, laminate, cut, strip and rewind unattended.