• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminate flatbed print?

bigben

Hi!,

I've got a job that I need to print on coroplast then apply dry erase laminate. My supplier said I can not laminate a flatbed prints. Is it true? My logic can't tell me why it would be true...

Sticky Signs

I think the issue has something to do with adhesive and UV ink not being very compatible. I'm not entirely sure so hopefully someone has some better input.

housemusikid

We laminate flatbed stuff here and if there is not a solid white edge, it gets printed on the Mimaki. I have learned that the laminate does not stick to flatbed inks very well over time.

There is a halo effect of bubbles around the letters and it looks like cut vinyl is laminated on a flat surface. I HATE IT!

Mspec

I have several customers that apply laminates to thier flatbed work, thinner laminates like AccuShield go on very nicely, and if you are using PS, give it a little heat and extra pressure to eliminate the halo of bubbles. With full bleed work, there is always a chance of the lam pulling the print off of the surface of the substrate, so I always tell people to leave a little margin around the print, so it will be encapsulated. I say laminate your heart away, it makes the colors pop, and provides abrasion resistance.

bigben

ok, thank you all. I will say safe and print it on vinyl then put it on coroplast.

Thanks again.

particleman

Liquid coater is the way to go, I know that isn't really an option for you but we've found that regular laminate doesn't stick very well at all to uv prints.