• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate peeling?

landdesigns

What would make laminate peel from vinyl on vehicle? Truck was lettered last year? I think I used Oracle vinyl 3951 with 290 laminate? I thought that would happen with calerened vinyl not cast? stumped?

phototec

Out Gas?

I know a guy at another shop who is always running at the last minute, and he laminates right out of the printer, doesn't even wait an hour.

Guess what, about a year after this big wrap job, the laminate is peeling at the edges. I believe it's because he did not let the digital print OUT GAS (dry) long enough, trapping the solvent part of the Eco-Solvent under the laminate, and after time it migrates to the edges causing the laminate to peel. I think it best to always let the digital print dry (out gas) at least 24 hours before laminating.

Techman

trimmed edges of laminated stuff almost always peels
Trimmed edges of unlaminated stuff almost always peels.

Vinyl trimmed up to the edge of the substrate using the substrate as a a guide will peel, curl back or however you wish to term it..

MikePro

i let my graphic dry at least 24, if not 48 hours before lamination... why? because I can.

Procrastination on projects ALWAYS leads to headaches. Leave yourself plenty of time, in case you gotta reprint something and not want to force yourself into laminating straight off the printer.