• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator eating material...(yep another one of those)

lbumbaca

I cannot help much with the adjustment questions as I have little experience with performing these type of adjustments on the RS machines. RS support would be who I would direct this type of query to.

I can confirm that your webbing in the photo is incorrect. It should feed from the core in the front, around the lower silver idler roller bar (located below the lower main roller), and then up and around the lower main roller, through the nip, and not around the front of the removable front tray. You would remove the front tray to web the print, then replace the tray after it has been properly webbed up.

could you take a picture on how you do it please

dypinc

This is what he is talking about on proper webbing of the bottom roller. It should match the webbing of the laminate on top and have relative the same tension.

This keeps the printed substrate smooth and flat as it goes through the laminater and does not allow for sideways movement as long as the take off roll is wound even from side to side.

For short pieces you can still do this and just hold it that same as you do when the substrates gets to the end of the roll. This way everything stays flat and smooth around the rollers.

IMG_0081.jpg