• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Issue

rmtosh

We made the plunge into digital printing back in the late summer and it is going very well. We purchased a Royal Sovereign cold laminator to go with our printer. Laminating has been an adventure to say the least. I load the laminate as directed from RS's website. It is clear and smooth as glass after the leading board is ran thru. Once I place a graphic in and start to run, the wrinkles appear on the top side of the rollers. Sometimes they show up on the graphic, most times they don't. However, I'm pretty uncomfortable with the wrinkles, never knowing if they will show up on the graphic or not. It leaves very small air bubbles occasionally as well. My dealer hasn't been much help. Just wondering if there is something small that I may be missing. Or potentially a problem with the roller?

Thanks
Ryan

dasnootz

+1 I had similar issues with my RS laminator. I found that decreasing the tension worked for me, but it took quite a bit of wasted laminate to get it dialed in correctly.

anotherdog

try just gently holding the feed roll of lam while the lam is spoolimg off. it should pull the lam slightly tighter on the roller. This sounds like a tensioning issue. if holding it improves things you may need to make some internal adjustments or get the tech back in.

That said ...What lam are you using? I have seen some lam that is a complete pita no matter what you do.

rmtosh

I am using a cheaper laminate ( Tru-stock ). So that may certainly be an issue.

On the left end on one of my rollers the laminate doesn't stay tight against the roller and in fact sometimes sticks to the top of my finger guard. I think it almost has to be some type of tension issue but I'm not sure which way to go. Increased tension?

Thanks for all the help

Ryan