• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator poll

chopper

The Royal Sovereign is a great first laminator. It takes some getting used to and will test your patience at first, but they all will. Once you get it dialed in and figure it out though, they're very good and will last years.
I think this is true with any laminator it will take a bit of practice to get use to it....sorry I didnt see that you stated "they all will"
//chopper

chopper

I have a 51" laminator with a hand crank. It looks like a long ringer washer rig.
I paid $300 for it and wouldn't trade it for a $7,000 Seal. It's fast and easy to use and most of my jobs are way less than 8' but I have applied full size prints to 4x10's too.
I mean no dis respect but I will take the 7,000 dollar seal any day ...
//chopper

speedmedia

I have a GBC Arctic Titan and my business partner has a Leco tank and neither have heat assist or problems with silvering.

Thanks,
Kurt

petesign

It has taken me 9 months to get all of the kinks with my Daige worked out, and it works fine finally.. I will eventually buy a seal though. That's going to be a great day, let me tell you.

MikePro

Seal 54Base, pull the trigger and just get it... you won't be disappointed. Simple operation, heat assist, 3 rollers (material, lam, take-up), and not a single problem with it in the past 4years. I believe you can even run up to 3-4" material through it, if necessary.
the take-up roller even fits a cardboard tube that you can just slide off and throw away your paper backing by the hundreds of feet, rolled up and compact.

i'm sure there's updated models out there, but hell... you can probably get a sweet deal on this one.
p.s. heat assist is nice to have... i've tried doing stuff in a hurry without letting it warm up and I get a little bit of silvering that comes out with a heat gun after application, but never any silvering with the heat assist option used properly.