• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Rolls were accidentally cut......recoat or repair??

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I got in contact and was curious on how much a new top roller will cost and they quoted me like $2100.00 . So ever since that I been looking at alternative ways to repair it been looking for places that resurface the roller. How much did the the rubber outside cost you. Mine roller is 63” x 4.5”

We only paid $100 for the rubber but that was for a very entry level Royal Sovereign laminator. I assume $2100 is for the entire roller for you. We didn't buy the rubber anywhere special. It was straight from the manufacturer.

urban616

We only paid $100 for the rubber but that was for a very entry level Royal Sovereign laminator. I assume $2100 is for the entire roller for you. We didn't buy the rubber anywhere special. It was straight from the manufacturer.
I just ask them and they said there’s no way to replace the silicone roller on it told me to check out this high temp auto rtv silicone. But I’m check out how much it would cost me to resurface the face of it I’m in Nj and I found a company that does it in PA. I bought this machine used for $1500 a new one I was looking cost $8-10k. Some local shops charge $250 to grind down the roller I measured the largest cut and it was less than 1/32” deep they also do change the face cost around $1000 but they don’t have grey silicone only red. I’m just going to grind it down 1-2 weeks.

netsol

I just ask them and they said there’s no way to replace the silicone roller on it told me to check out this high temp auto rtv silicone. But I’m check out how much it would cost me to resurface the face of it I’m in Nj and I found a company that does it in PA. I bought this machine used for $1500 a new one I was looking cost $8-10k. Some local shops charge $250 to grind down the roller I measured the largest cut and it was less than 1/32” deep they also do change the face cost around $1000 but they don’t have grey silicone only red. I’m just going to grind it down 1-2 weeks.
there a couple good machine shops in elizabeth, (one is only a block off Rt 1, but i am drawing a blank on the name)
if you took 1/32 off you would probably be fine.

urban616

there a couple good machine shops in elizabeth, (one is only a block off Rt 1, but i am drawing a blank on the name)
if you took 1/32 off you would probably be fine.
Where in Elizabeth I was looking at this rubber place in manville,nj I have to drop the rollers off there it’s like a 30 min drive. Yeah I just want to take minimal off 1/32min to 1/16 max. The roller Diameter is 4.5”

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
a zippy knife is all that is allowed near our laminator.
We have a couple of those, but I don't like them. I prefer the body gaurd
1644519169038.png

johnnysigns

Where in Elizabeth I was looking at this rubber place in manville,nj I have to drop the rollers off there it’s like a 30 min drive. Yeah I just want to take minimal off 1/32min to 1/16 max. The roller Diameter is 4.5”
Pretty sure we used Pershing Rubber roller Co who looks to have merged with Passaic roller Co. Pershing redid 2 rollers for us on our big AGL with heat elements for a steal compared to what AGL wanted. https://passaic.com/acquisition-increases-market-for-passaic/