• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

large Decal order, ideas on pricing?

MakeMyGraphic

Ok I know I probably shouldn't be asking here but i'm in a sort of rush or the door right now and was hoping someone could just give me an idea for this job...

The customer wants a basic ( easy to weed ) Decal measuring 3" x 4" single color and in quantities of 5k I want to cut him a break but not sure if I would be undermining myself here, what do you guys think? $1 ea too much or too little?

Pat Whatley

Depends on how basic. I'd send it to Stouse if it's a vinyl job they can handle (yes, they do cut vinyl...it's in the automotive section). Your suggested retail price would be around 50¢ each. If you can get a buck then by all means do it.

Why send it to Stouse? Because it may sound fun and easy to do it yourself but trust me....after the first 1000 or so you're gonna be hating life.

J

john1

Stouse it, No way you can do it in house and keep sane and a good profit margin.

Techman

i used to 15 bux a dozon for that size,, now I let stouse show me the profit.
Call stouse. they get you some profit.. and show you a fair price.

lazaros

Figure out the cost of your sticker per square meter. see how many decals you can put in a square meter. Figure out how many man hours you need to weed all the vinyl together. add all your costs. add your profit.

For example you are probably going to need around 50square meters for this size decal to cut. at around 2 euros per square meter that would be 100 euros. For a job like that it would probably take around 3 people 3 days to finish weeding, at 60 euros per day for each person that's another 540 euros.
add aother 50 euros in case something goes wrong with your sticker and you through out some(and if nothing goes wrong you can discount that later). i would probably have sold that to 1400 euros, which comes to about 28 cents each!

sorry add to your costs the transfer material you are going to apply to your vinyl.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I love that sort of customer. pretty much what everyone else said ... outsource it. on average it should take you about 10-20 minutes to weed about a foot of vinyl with a basic design that is tiny ... that would give you on a 24" roll a 7x6 pattern of designs ... so even at that rate of 42 every 10-20 minutes .... it should take you 10-20 hours just to weed (not counting errors, breaks, cutting, masking, cutting, being tired and weeding like a slug, etc.)

outsource and save yourself days worth of work, hassle, and overhead... I know my pricing for a job like this would net me more money ... but not without a major stress headache and a few cussing spells.