• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Pounce machine?

Jwalk

We are looking at doing a massive amount of pouncing and doing it the old school manually is looking like it will take forever.

Is there a machine. plotter vinyl cutter etc that would do the pounce pattern on pounce paper 4 feet width if we had it in a .AI file and or eps.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Should be lots of options out there.
The Graphtec FC8600 lists a pounce kit as a $99.00 option.
Not sure how well it works but Graphtec plotters are pretty good.

wayne k
guam usa

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Should be lots of options out there.
The Graphtec FC8600 lists a pounce kit as a $99.00 option.
Not sure how well it works but Graphtec plotters are pretty good.

wayne k
guam usa
It works very well, actually.
To add to Wayne's suggestion- most plotters have a "Pounce" setting and yes, it's a heck of a lot easier than doing a bunch of patterns by hand. Your big decision (if you don't already have a plotter) will be which one to get.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours is a 30" Gerber sprocket fed style. To do 48", we'd just do the upper half and then the lower half. With letters that size, you'll probably hafta go into the roll pretty far and a Gerber will track perfectly for the entire 300' all in one shot. I'm not sure others can do that.

Jwalk

Thanks guys. I thought so.

Im working with a real old timer on this one. He doesnt like technology.
There are 5 huge walls and the first pounce for the first wall looks like it will take ten times longer than anticipated.

I see the 99.00 dollar pounce tool. Its a different blade I guess.

Jwalk

Did bit more reseach heres a video of the graphtec plotter tool. I have a GCC I wonder if it has a pouncing kit.

MikePro

wow, that pouncer sounds like an angry typewriter. still pretty cool though, we still have our old pouncing hand-tools but haven't used them in ages, as I just get clever with installs using drawn paper patterns.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Ours is a 30" Gerber sprocket fed style. To do 48", we'd just do the upper half and then the lower half. With letters that size, you'll probably hafta go into the roll pretty far and a Gerber will track perfectly for the entire 300' all in one shot. I'm not sure others can do that.

Did a couple of very large layouts to hand-paint logos on refinery tanks using a Gerber 30" with perfed paper. Roughly 20' x 60' if I remember correctly. Many, many panels 28" after trimming the perfs off the sides. But fit together perfectly when I taped them together on the shop floor.

It was the only sign I've painted with full-size rollers and 3" rollers for the fine work. :p

so, yeah, if you can get someone with a Gerber 30" sprocket plotter to jobber these patterns for you, they will be perfect.