• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions large window graphic issue

petepaz

installed a large window graphic and had some issues on the glass. size 57" x 80" oracal 610 cut vinyl
yellow color. install went fine but it was installed on the inside of the window and when viewed from the outside you can see a lot of the squeegee strokes so doesn't look so great. there was a lot of surface coverage and it was a lighter color so i am assuming this was the main problem. i did some cut lettering smaller yellow and other colors with no issue but this large graphic had this problem.
any tips on how to avoid this or is it just the nature of the beast/material?

AKwrapguy

installed a large window graphic and had some issues on the glass. size 57" x 80" oracal 610 cut vinyl
yellow color. install went fine but it was installed on the inside of the window and when viewed from the outside you can see a lot of the squeegee strokes so doesn't look so great. there was a lot of surface coverage and it was a lighter color so i am assuming this was the main problem. i did some cut lettering smaller yellow and other colors with no issue but this large graphic had this problem.
any tips on how to avoid this or is it just the nature of the beast/material?

I don't use Oracal much and I've never heard of 610 series, but how did you apply it? Wet or dry? Are there bubbles? Could it just be the adhesive? Do you have any pics?

ams

He meant 651 I am sure. It won't look that great without serious work. I would suggest doing the same thing on the other side of the glass.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What you're seeing is how well the adhesive actually comes in contact with the surface it's going down on. This is why many peoples' work peels or have problems later on. Unless you're careful as the dickens, you're not getting constant complete pressure, thus the marks. Most likely, you don't wanna apply heat or you run the risk of breaking the glass. If you have someone on the outside watching and telling you where to apply more pressure, it's gonna be a guessing game. Only problem being, this is easier done when first applying then afterwards. If the window receives a lotta sun throughout the day, much of that will eventually go away, but not completely.

petepaz

What you're seeing is how well the adhesive actually comes in contact with the surface it's going down on. This is why many peoples' work peels or have problems later on. Unless you're careful as the dickens, you're not getting constant complete pressure, thus the marks. Most likely, you don't wanna apply heat or you run the risk of breaking the glass. If you have someone on the outside watching and telling you where to apply more pressure, it's gonna be a guessing game. Only problem being, this is easier done when first applying then afterwards. If the window receives a lotta sun throughout the day, much of that will eventually go away, but not completely.

i thought that some of it would go away over time of temp changes and shrinking but i did tell them that it may not go away completely. i did recommend going with cast on the outside because they change it from sale to sale. thanks for the input everyone