• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 335 not accepting ink

yamaha581

I have a basically brand new 335 here that I have changed the black ink on twice and just went to change the yellow ink for the first time and now it will not even accept the ink cartridge. I have tried restarting the printer as well and still comes up with nothing even with the old cartridge. Has anyone had this problem? This is super frustrating because I feel like since I got this it has been nothing but one problem after the next and now I will end up being down all day today and with Monday being a holiday not get anything resolved until the middle of next week.

OhioSigns

When I bought my 360 new the tech was here setting it up and doing training and one of the inks would not register. We cleaned the chip on it with a swab and it still wouldn't work. Luckily I had an extra set so we used a different ink cartridge and it worked. He said every once in a while you may get a bad one. I called HP and they sent a new one to replace it so it must happen somewhat frequently. Since then I always keep 2 on hand before I know it's going to run out just in case 1 fails to register.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Call HP support directly about the bad ink cart. Let them know its not registering and they should be able to overnight you a cartridge. See if they agree to ship for Saturday delivery.

yamaha581

We did talk to HP and they said wiggle it around in the printer to try and get it to register. Who knew just loading the ink in like its supposed to wouldn't be enough and you have to wiggle it around in a brand new printer.