• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 360 print head issues

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
I replaced my LCLM printed head a month ago, in Monday this week it was causing streaking in my prints. I replaced it again, now it's Friday and the same thing is happening with the brand new print head. Not sure what I can do to fix this other than having a tech come. Any ideas ?

Attachments

• 20220415_154009.jpg
    20220415_154009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would definitely start with replacing that LM cartridge. Them maybe insert one of the older printheads and do a bunch of LM-LC cleanings to move some ink in the line.
Purging the line by syringe would be best but maybe 20-30 cleanings would do something similar. Only then try to work with the newest printhead again. Which you also probably have to clean bunch of times to get the air out.

Last edited:

karst41

When you get to 50 ml Pull the cartridge, Verify that the cart has Ink. If so then Weigh it and calculate the correct number.
Run a few more small Jobs and then trash it.. 50 and below is the automatic change the cartridge number.

The risk of you trashing out $200 of media aint worth trying to run a cartridge dry. It is a Bad Practice and you are going
the get spanked sooner than later.

Our profession has waste and some jobs have a lot of waste. Your price to the customer includes the waste.
It is what it is.

Printhead Doctor has exceptional Inks and they always produce better numbers on the printer, a lot better.
You will need to buy the HP Opto, but dial that 'ish back.