• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex compatible static cling?

Matt-Tastic

In My Experience, most staic clings don't work well with high ink coverage on second surface, if at all. I've printed several clings on the GF 208 on the L26500. Because they have a good amount of white on them, they cling inside or outside. When you have a full image bleed, or most (more than 70% I'd wager) coverage, the cling will probably not work on the printed side.

for reference, this is the cling i made:
http://thirstynomadbrewing.com/shop/3-rectangular-static-cling

Looking for a static cling like media for a window project - to cover some vacant storefronts with temporary promotions.

Interior mounted, low tack. White opaque.

Anyone have decent priced solution for our L25000.

Thanks.

I have run most static clings on all the latex printers, runs fine, run lower curing temps than SAV is the general rule (lower temps, clone and increase pass mode one step, drop a little global ink if needed). I usually use General Formulations clear and white, also Flexcon has a good film (thick liner). You may have trouble with white on the inside of the window looking out, depends on how much ink coverage and where, mostly, the ink interferes with the adhesive properties of the static cling.

I also use the Neschen and Natura window films and reverse print them. These are not clings, but are polyester films and they work very well. I usually run them with a high Ink signature like a backlit and use them as high-saturated transparencies if I am not using white flood behind them. There is a good translucent preset on the HP Media Solutions Locator for the Avery or 3M (I cannot recall which) that works pretty well for the clear polyester films (yes, for Onyx, as usual).

I have been meaning to find a good flood white film that will compliment the clear reverse printed in the window, maybe an opaque Flexcon polyester film, that will both provide a white backer for the clear film and I can print right-reading so the inside of the window can have graphics, too. Should work, just need to find the right solid film to do it.

Best,

Timothy