• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex ink for your Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki

iladi

It is, as described by the manufactuer "Aqua-Res" or "Water Based Resin Inks", not Latex... Print's Prints pretty good, only after building a proper profile... It is ok but I was not blown away by it... I just don't see a need for this stuff here...

are you already using sepiax ink? how is the printing speed compared with a normal ecosolvent ink? what is different in printing/maintenance compared with eco?

thanx, Adrian

Stealth Ryder

are you already using sepiax ink? how is the printing speed compared with a normal ecosolvent ink? what is different in printing/maintenance compared with eco?

thanx, Adrian

1. No, tried it, just to see what the big deal was... Was not that impressed...

2. Essientially half the speed while printing on vinyl. Had to resort to a uni-directional print since the printer heaters would not adjust to the heat levels suggested by the ink manufactuer. To be fair, it printed really great on Photo paper just was not impressed while printing to vinyl...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It looks very much like a solution desperately looking for a problem.

Any ecological claims represent a micro, perhaps nano, difference between this potion and whatever you're currently using. The external reality will remain unchanged with or without it.

The best the output seems to be is the same, and often worse, than achievable with current inks.

I can't conceive of the circumstances where I'd be the least bit interested.

Stealth Ryder

It looks very much like a solution desperately looking for a problem.

Any ecological claims represent a micro, perhaps nano, difference between this potion and whatever you're currently using. The external reality will remain unchanged with or without it.

The best the output seems to be is the same, and often worse, than achievable with current inks.

I can't conceive of the circumstances where I'd be the least bit interested.

Very well put Sir........

:goodpost:

Jackpine

http://www.graphicsone.com
The 24" printer is a re-fitted with heaters Epson 7700. I have seen samples printed on a Mutoh Valuejet. Excellent quality. The heaters are the issue. I believe they will be a player in the print busines.

jhanson

Azon has been working with SEPIAX and I've seen some good samples printed using that combination. The only thing is their printers aren't cheap, but what do you expect from a European printer?

The 7700 based EcoMax works pretty well for non-rigid materials, and its speed is higher than Roland's BN-20... There's also hardly any maintenance involved, unlike eco solvent machines.

MWorks

Azon and Sepiax

Thanks for the input. I wish there was a North American supplier with a flatbed sepiax printer for rigid materials.

Do you know of anyone using the Azon. Pls. private msg. me if you like.

Cheers.

Azon has been working with SEPIAX and I've seen some good samples printed using that combination. The only thing is their printers aren't cheap, but what do you expect from a European printer?

The 7700 based EcoMax works pretty well for non-rigid materials, and its speed is higher than Roland's BN-20... There's also hardly any maintenance involved, unlike eco solvent machines.

jhanson

Sorry, don't know of anyone with an Azon in North America. You could give the guys at Graphics One (mentioned above) a call... I know they've been trying to get a small-format SEPIAX flatbed for a few months now, but not sure where they stand with it.

MWorks

Azon and Sepiax

Thanks again. Have had a few chats with GO over the past 1-2 years .... flatbed sepiax still in development.

Sorry, don't know of anyone with an Azon in North America. You could give the guys at Graphics One (mentioned above) a call... I know they've been trying to get a small-format SEPIAX flatbed for a few months now, but not sure where they stand with it.

iladi

Just get my azon dts white printer friday. Only a few tests, since is easter here. What can i say? Prints are looking very good. I print on aluminium, white plexi, pvc foam. All ok, scratch rezistance is ok after a few minutes, cannot whipe with alcohol. Rip software is a joke, but can live with it. Also print on a black agenda book, with white , prety well. Maintenance seems more than an ecosolvent printer, since i have to do it every day when i turn off the printer. Wonder why. As far as i know is an epson stylus 4880 retrofited printer with sepiax ink. But i,m not shure is sepiax. Service man told me i can printbwithout the heater on and sepiax require heat to cure. And all the maintenance? For sepiax? It can be solvent? But no smell, so who knows, dealer wont tell me.

artbot

they are all technically solvents. WATER is a solvent. sepiax uses a lactate that is a low VOC solvent. that is why there is no smell.

iladi

How can i find out what ink it is? 1 liter of sepiax is 150 and. 220 ml cart is almost 100 euros. It is easy to find refillable carts for 4880 to cut the costs.

artbot

i'll bet my house it's sepiax, or a licensed sepiax "knock off". just like eco-solvent. there will be many flavors to it but the chances of it being something entirely different are nil. how much did the dts cost?

iladi

Some more tests before lunch. As I told you, rip is a joke. Zoom 64 rip. korean stuff. Some basic layout tools, white generation algorithms(quite good in fact), and basic color adjustments. And here is the interesting part. There is some kind of per channel ink limit. For white plexi at 720x720 channel ink limit is about 20%, a little higher for PVC boards. Not so bad. Since there are only 2 employees, me and my wife, depending of the ammount of work i,ll have next days, i,ll try to propper profile some medias and calculate the ink required.

rjssigns

:popcorn: Gonna sit back and watch. Wait for others to experiment and find weak links. Too many things happening in the wide format market to jump on right now.

artbot

i was watching some videos... all of them were at 16 pass (assuming). how does the printer perform at 360x720 or 720x720 four pass? is it slow to allow the heat to build, can you just post heat/cure?

iladi

Haven't try 360. 720x720 4 pass, is ok, as print quality. Maybe a veeery little grainy. I did not see a 4880 before, in action, but i can compare with my mutoh draftstation. Speed doesn't seem slowed down, but for some materials it seems better to print unidirectional. For forex 5 mm thick, for example 720 is ok, you don't need higher res. for a very smooth surface as plexi, you may need higher res to print with high details. As far as i can see so far, it is not the res what it counts most, but the ammount of ink spit by the head. Less ink, higher speed, more details, mabe a little less saturated image. More ink, higher cure temp, a thick and a little over saturated image and higher print res. since both rip and printer manulas are spartan all i can do is experiment. A good thing is i can save a print configuration. Tomorow i'll try to post some pictures. As far as color profiling. It will be a long process. Ink limits wil be made by ear, aaaa eye, pardon me. I'll try to use some eps file from wasatch, analize the prints with a loupe and make a icc with my pulse.

LE one small problem is to attach the substrate by the table. Tape it by the margins is not enough since the boards tend to bend from the heat. Double side tape i had is not ok since is foam made and i cannot remouve it easily from the board.