• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laughable Mistake

DirtyD

I am a big fan of the "Lovable Losers" known as The Chicago Cubs. With today being Wild Card Wendsday I decided to print a mesh banner representing the #FlytheW in support of the game. The "W" flag is a tradition of when the Cubs win a game they fly it over Wrigley field.

My retarded but didnot check which way I loaded the banner 63" mesh into the printer when I went to check the print I noticed it bubbling up, it was almost finished so i let it be. I take it off the printer and realize I printed the backing sheet..LOL

I peeled it off and the ink is actually dry and does'nt look too bad..

I attached a picture just for S and G's.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 61

Andy D

I have seen that done here before, and what's worse, it went out the door with the customer.....

Andy D

Thanks.
Yeah what happened is the guy that owns the business (who is a great guy and a a great person to work for but knows
zip about the graphic department) needed a mesh banner one Saturday for an event.
He got a guy that knew just enough about printing to be dangerous to print it for him, and yep, the guy printed it on the removable liner. I was just glad he didn't screw up the printer.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Thanks.
Yeah what happened is the guy that owns the business (who is a great guy and a a great person to work for but knows
zip about the graphic department) needed a mesh banner one Saturday for an event.
He got a guy that knew just enough about printing to be dangerous to print it for him, and yep, the guy printed it on the removable liner. I was just glad he didn't screw up the printer.
That would've been my fear.
Years ago, I was working at a small shop where I had far more experience than the owner and he attempted to make a banner one Friday afternoon when I'd left for the day and was three and a half hours away on the interstate. Our counter sales guy called me- in a panic- and said the boss wanted me to come back and finish the banner because he (the boss) had not only printed it on the wrong side of the material (would've still been usable), but ruined it by bleeding all over it when he sliced almost to the bone on his thumb. He didn't know how to use the safety ruler.
Needless to say the "buddy" the boss was doing the banner for didn't get their banner, and the boss got an expensive, painful lesson on the correct way to use a safety ruler.

Bob Ross would say, "We don't make mistakes, just happy accidents".:rolleyes:

Still catch his reruns on PBS. The only person I could ever watch paint. Did you know he never sold any of his paintings and donated them all. And never once got paid by PBS to be on TV. Did it for the art.

Jacob Singer

We were about 20' into a printable wallpaper job before we realized the media was reverse-rolled and we were printing on the back of the material. Yeesh.

Andy D

We mainly use 3M 3630 series vinyl & it has a clear plastic backing...
plotting on the wrong side is somewhat common..:Oops::Oops:

Andy D

We were about 20' into a printable wallpaper job before we realized the media was reverse-rolled and we were printing on the back of the material. Yeesh.

I wonder, could you flip it and print on the other side? Would the paste hold?

A while back I had a wall paper job and some how printed it on canvas... A whole freaken roll :(