Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Wall Monitor Display

Discussion in 'General Software' started by rdmdarr, Mar 26, 2013.

1. rdmdarr

rdmdarr Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Lewisville, TX
    I am trying to do something like this in my waiting room and I have run into a wall. Anybody got any ideas? I have tried doing endless searches. I would like the weather and the news scrolling as well as projects we have done.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    What "wall" have you run into?

3. rdmdarr

rdmdarr Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Lewisville, TX
    We don't do digital signage here, so I was looking into something that would be cost effective to show my customers while they are waiting.

I don't know the first thing about where to start, so I was looking for some direction on where to start. Hoping it was going to be just an easy, buy a box, plug it in, and add my pictures.......

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    ?Go to The Wal-mart and buy one, connect it to your computer...Set up a power point or video showing your stuff....

5. pjfmeister

pjfmeister Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Missouri
    check out the Kiosk Pro App it can then be interactive with an IPad

6. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Connect it to an old computer, just create a web page that pulls feeds and displays them. You should be able to setup something exactly like that...I'm betting there are websites that do exactly that.

7. choucove

choucove Active Member

Feb 25, 2008
    LG has a series of televisions out specifically designed for digital signage, and includes software to configure and run on the TV which can be customized however you wish. The series is called EzSign TV. Take a look around, I hear that it is pretty neat what they can do especially if you don't want to set up a computer to always be running connected to it.

8. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    TV + Cheap pc connected to the internet + add a webpart for the weather to powerpoint and loop your powerpoint

9. rdmdarr

rdmdarr Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Lewisville, TX
    Didn't think about doing it this way, Good Idea!

Thanks.

10. mnapuran

mnapuran Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Plano (Dallas), TX
  11. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    We have a display like you are talking about we use sign channel

12. iprint

iprint Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Good info here! Thanks!

13. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    Also for love of God and all that is Holy. Please, oh please, use more than construction adhesive to hold it up.:doh: Do it right, once, the first time.

14. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    +1 for this company. I do some work for this massive company near me that builds the display systems. And Digital Signage is a secondary business for them. They run their entire operation with the enterprise ($99) option. I have tried it it it will do just about every thing you could want with the free version