• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lefty....or not?

Left Handed, Right Handed, or Both

• I am Left Handed

Votes: 40 29.4%
  • I am Right Handed

Votes: 74 54.4%
  • Both

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I was born left handed but, thanks to my first grade teacher Miss James who insisted I hold the pencil in my right hand, I write and perform all my fine motor skills right handed while remaining a left handed bowler, pitcher, batter etc. I am ambidextrous at such things as hammering a nail.

Billct2

Right, I shot left too.
When I was in Sign School there was one guy that was left handed. From what I understood learning to letter was tough for left handed since you were working over the
letter you just painted.

JERHEMI

Anything non related to a computer mouse I do with my left hand. Kind of weird actually when I think about it! lol To think since I'm left handed, I would use my left hand to use the mouse?

saktrnch

Right-handed except for swinging, like batting, golfing, or shoveling. I did teach myself to switch-hit in grade school, which paid off in high school. I can eat left handed well enough to get by. And I taught myself to rope left-handed. It seems like every time I do a roping clinic, there is someone who is left-handed or can't transpose seeing me rope right-handed and them learning to swing a rope right handed. They can usually copy if I swing left-handed for some reason.

drive

Interesting. I am left-handed and taught a couple 'normals' to play guitar. They all went cross-eyed until I pointed out its like looking in a mirror when I'd show them something. Then, easy sailing....

Wes Phifer

I write left handed but I do almost everything else right handed. Hammering and squeegeeing either hand is fine. I also kick left footed.

showcase 66

Right hand dominate. I crushed my right hand middle of my junior in high school. The rest of High School I pretty much was left handed. I can still write pretty good with my left hand. I could write the ABC's with both hands at the same time. Start from A on my left hand and Z on the right hand and meet in the middle. Was a great party trick in college. Won a lot of Beer that way. Two of my boys are righty's and one is a lefty. Which makes me happy. Gives me a reason to buy left handed golf clubs when he is older. Just to mess around with.

smott

I am ambidextrous. My wife is left handed. She can't even pick her nose right handed. My daughters are right handed. My sons are left handed.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I'm a lefty but do most other things right handed. I can shoot a pistol either hand with the same accuracy but can only shoot a rifle or long gun left handed. I bowl, catch, bat with my right hand. I'm ALMOST ambidextrous. It's quite fun!