• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Leister Hemtek ST Updates

Hi,

We just bought this machine last week, due to exchange rate it is very, very expensive here in México ($5,000 USD plus taxes) and there is really a learning curve. Not a machine to take out of the box and use.

It took the whole weekend to adjust since we work mainly on 13 oz 500 x 500 banner. Also we needed to make modifications to our work table to give space for the material to fall down after going through the machine.

I think this machine was designed for heavier material 20 oz or more, since the included nozzle throws air to the front, down and up the hem, making lighter material to curl horribly and burn.

The literature provided by leister inside the box is practically zero and not useful in my opinion.

It is ideal for long rolls with nested images of the same banner, we´ve recenly finished 500 - 80 x 60 cms banners in 3 days, after managing to calibrate the machine and guess the right combination of air, speed and heat.

Hemtek ST Values working correctly for 13 oz banner

Speed Temperature Air Volume
8 ----------------- 5 ----------------- 1--------------- Welds correctly leaving a light wave outside the hem.
10--------------- 5-6 --- ------------ 1--------------- Almost Perfect, but very easy to loose hold and burn or move the material.
8 ----------------- 5 ----------------- 10 ------------ Ironically with this setting, the results seem the same as 8-5-1.

Hemtek ST Values working correctly for mesh banner 8.5 oz

Speed -- Temperature ---- Air Volume
6 ----------------- 6 ----------------- 1--------------- Welds correctly
8 ----------------- 8 ----------------- 5--------------- Use this setting for double hem

So far, the machine makes what it says, you must be ultra concentrated not to burn the banner or you will have to repeat the whole job.

Currently trying to hack the nozzle to avoid air going down and heat and distort the banner.

baec2fb5-f46f-4024-9d8f-80f21a581fc2.jpg 69d70eeb-1fae-4d69-9e0a-c84783582654.jpg 7b862311-f4cc-4454-89ee-5cad810c4727.jpg f1865905-dca6-4c19-8425-a9362ea227ca.jpg

Last edited:

Haw

This is very informative. Thank you so much for these numbers. Been trying to figure out ours.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Thanks for all the info. We're alternating loving it (I the owner love it as it's fast and we're swamped in Campaign banners) and semi-hating it (my production guys since we still don't really have it dialed).

We've got ours running at 5/7/2 on 13oz matte banner and it's working well but with a bit of a wave and it doesn't always seal the first inch well. Running faster definitely helps but we can't quite keep it straight right now.

We might try and run a layer of x-base (textured vinyl that pretty much feels like the liner of air release vinyl) on our table to help the banners slide but haven't gotten there yet.

Everyone complains about alignment issues. What is it that's getting misaligned? Our guide definitely doesn't seem perfectly aligned but that doesn't seem like it causes a lot of problems.

Tai