• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LEJ-640 alum composite slipping on rollers

petepaz

not sure what causes this and it doesn't happen all the time but i have had a few jobs printing aluminum composite 3mm where it will start to print and then at some point it will get stuck and the feed rollers will start skipping and the material doesn't move so the print head just does a continuous pass in the same area till i catch it.
anyone else ever have this and have you been able to do anything to prevent it?

maravac

not sure what causes this and it doesn't happen all the time but i have had a few jobs printing aluminum composite 3mm where it will start to print and then at some point it will get stuck and the feed rollers will start skipping and the material doesn't move so the print head just does a continuous pass in the same area till i catch it.
anyone else ever have this and have you been able to do anything to prevent it?

Do you have that covering film on the bottom side of the alu board or did you remove it. That film usually helps the grit rollers to move that board better. Or you can try to cut stripes from your printing vinyl and put them on the bottom side of the board at the place, where the metal grit rollers are, so they can "bite" into it and move the board. Last, but very important thing is to have the board as much flat (straight) as possible.