• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let me have it....

SignosaurusRex

As so many say........"I'm never happy with what I try to design for myself". :banghead:
I'm not sure where to go from here, or if I even should. I'm sure I could make improvements. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• New_TuscanLogo4 copy.jpg
    New_TuscanLogo4 copy.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 114

Pat Whatley

I really like it, it almost glows.

I think seeing it on a different colored background would help, the black and the dark navy are kind of clashing, that's nothing against the design, just the display.

petesign

I really like where you are going also. I don't feel like my skills approach yours, so I hesitate to offer advice here.. maybe a little more contrast between your established 1972 text and the background.. and maybe fewer brushes, tools, etc. that part is a touch busy.

I love the gradient you used in the word Tuscan, it's warm and inviting, and gives it some nice depth.

Jillbeans

I like it...but you asked.
Make the "T" bigger. Tighten up the kerning on Tuscan, on all but the last two letters.
Then tuck all those under the arm of the T.
"s" is kind of far from "E" in "Est."
Or better yet, use the script for "Est." and choose a plainer font for SIGNS & GRAPHICS
It's nice to have one plain font to offset the fancy-schmancy ones.
Love the colors.
Love....Jill

SignosaurusRex

I think seeing it on a different colored background would help, the black and the dark navy are kind of clashing, that's nothing against the design, just the display.

This version was started for my red truck. The black would be for my little PU I'm planning on painting black.

Attachments

• New_TuscanLogo3 copy.jpg
    New_TuscanLogo3 copy.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 82

Craig Sjoquist

First thing I saw was... the blue outlining inbetween the letters of Tuscan .. get rid of those just keep the blue to outline the whole and decor you have, that will help frame.
saw this on both versions first looks really tacky, on my windoiw splash I remove even when I have enough open space and it helps readability.
The next was Kerning on Tuscan needs improvement U-S & S-C open up a bit.
Next was the T should be taller then can be tighten up a bit towards U.

I really like this font, your design, layout, awesome image, colors ..But the red one well depends if you like harmony or contrast.

SignosaurusRex

I like it...but you asked.
Make the "T" bigger. Tighten up the kerning on Tuscan, on all but the last two letters.
Then tuck all those under the arm of the T.
"s" is kind of far from "E" in "Est."
Or better yet, use the script for "Est." and choose a plainer font for SIGNS & GRAPHICS
It's nice to have one plain font to offset the fancy-schmancy ones.
Love the colors.
Love....Jill

Thank you Jill. :thumb: I like those suggestions.
I'll wait for more input before making adjustments.

SignManiac

I was going to suggest pretty much the same thing Jill said. I think as it is, it's too overly ornate. Using a simpler font for the Signs & Graphics will contrast nicely with the main font. Colors are nice.

signgal

I second Jill's fabulous suggestions on everything and Craig's removal of the blue inside... i didn't realize what it was until he said it. Just beautiful though! Shows the caliber of artistic professionalism they are dealing with.

Tiki

Font Sage
To make it stand out a little More maybe make the panel go behind the lettering

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 81

SignosaurusRex

Finally got a chance this eve to start on adjustments based on input. Any better?

Attachments

• New_TuscanLogo6.jpg
    New_TuscanLogo6.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 80

SignosaurusRex

First thing I saw was... the blue outlining inbetween the letters of Tuscan .. get rid of those just keep the blue to outline the whole and decor you have, that will help frame.
saw this on both versions first looks really tacky, on my windoiw splash I remove even when I have enough open space and it helps readability.
The next was Kerning on Tuscan needs improvement U-S & S-C open up a bit.
Next was the T should be taller then can be tighten up a bit towards U.

I really like this font, your design, layout, awesome image, colors ..But the red one well depends if you like harmony or contrast.

I guess that I'm not quite understanding what your saying about the blue.
The red background version will be getting a color makeover later. Thanks for the input.