• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let me have it....

Craig Sjoquist

Tikiboyz .. did a great version

The blue that you are using to outline the letters and shade in between the letters of Tuscan ... that is were your eyes go

ChiknNutz

I dunno...I think the "Signs & Graphics" might need to be in Small Caps or something to give it a bit more flow. Maybe bring the "1972" to the left and down just a touch...a little more left than down. To me, the "Est." and "1972" are a bit too dark. Other than that, I dig it man!

Jillbeans

"Signs and Graphics" doesn't need that red outline.
Other than that I think it's much nicer than your first one.
I really like the way Tiki handled it.
His text on Tuscan doesn't look as stretchy.
But I didn't see that in yours till I saw his suggestion.

SignManiac

Can you tone down the blue a few shades darker? It's just so bright that it demands your eyes attention more than the beauty of the lettering. I like the new font and agree with Jill, it doesn't need the red outline.

Service Sign Co

I like the idea of Tuscano script for the word tuscan. Although it looks great with a few color tweaks and est.1972 in 1 or 2 lines together

SignosaurusRex

Lots of great suggestions. Thankyou! :thumb: Exactly what I need.
I think I'll make some tweaks to this one and then start over again with another one implementing suggestions put forth. Might be helpful for coloring if I get my monitor color calibrated better.

Tim Kingston

I think Tiki's suggestion for using a stylized panel or something similar has merit, if for no other reason than with you current version, you'll be weeding till the cows come home. Think about it. This is your logo, used on a bunch of things I would imagine, weeding that much has to affect productivity!:smile:

SignManiac

There's no way in he'll Rex has any intention of ever weeding this design or I will eat my socks after wiping my butt with them first....

Tim Kingston

Well check out post #7, what the hell is that! If he isn't weeding he'll have to colour match every background he uses it against! Decide on a solid coloured background ( like a Tiki panel ) and contour cut around it before it's too late! :Big Laugh

PS - I do like the design!

There's no way in he'll Rex has any intention of ever weeding this design or I will eat my socks after wiping my butt with them first....

SignosaurusRex

Darkened up the outline per SignManiacs thoughts then lightened the weight. Brightened up the Tuscan text, played with other suggestions, created multiple variations, etc. I ran the designs past a dozen clients and a few other folks to see what pushed their buttons and here's what came from it all. I did the "squint Test", looked at it from various distances, etc. I know it still needs some kerning improvements for starts. I threw out all the previous versions so now this is the new "ground zero". I think that I still want to go sideways and create a totally new variation keeping only the fonts w/color & effects, and palette w/brushes including part of the outline scroll, implementing the input received so far. All of the great suggestions are helping me get where I want be. Thanks all!

Attachments

• New_TuscanLogo6.jpg
    New_TuscanLogo6.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 88

TheSellOut

I have always been a fan of your work REX and this layout is no exception! I really like the way you have it but I also really liked Tiki's suggestion of having a whole panel behind "Tuscan". The blue outline, even darkened, is still somewhat distracting between those letters!

Lookin great! I love the effect in the "Tuscan lettering btw:thumb:

mikey-Oh

better kerning on the 'T', but i'll agree with all the tiki fans, custom cap could be sweet(although not necessary.) also, i think the flourish/ornate shape would benefit diving through all of the design. maybe set it at a 30degree and enlarge til it's a bit above and below the logo(current swash may not be applicable) could be wrong, been wrong before.

is the most protruding shape, from the artist palette(the grey one) a mahl stick?

SignosaurusRex

I have always been a fan of your work REX and this layout is no exception! I really like the way you have it but I also really liked Tiki's suggestion of having a whole panel behind "Tuscan". The blue outline, even darkened, is still somewhat distracting between those letters!

Lookin great! I love the effect in the "Tuscan lettering btw:thumb:

Thanks, I think the next variation will be without the light blue between the letters and include a panel behind an arched baseline Tuscan as Tiki suggested...and I still need to do a red background version.