• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letterhead Fonts - anyone else having trouble ordering from this merchant?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i love when you get deep into a thread only to realize it was raised from the dead for some reason.......

I neglected to mention that of course (as we have made clear on the site many times) if you had one of the old installers from early 2007, you will find the regular .otf font files sitting in your account waiting for you to download and install. Most people have already done this by now.

I read a thread on file-sharing forum today. (One of the tasks I hate about my job is trolling these file-sharing sites. I would much rather be drawing.) Several individuals were asking for our new fonts and wondering why no one was sharing. A well known font pirater enlightened them that all fonts after 2007 contained the user's name, email and account ID and therefore they were wasting their time. That made me smile.

FontGuard allows me to sleep soundly at night. Only Steve and I really understand how piracy can steal your peace of mind. Waking up in the morning to find that you were hit with $1000 fraudulent order last night and some thieves using a stolen credit card made off with your fonts (that will soon find themselves being shared freely on the internet) is heartbreaking. You get hit with a sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach -- no different than if someone broke into your home and robbed you. In some ways, it's worse because it was a work of art you spent months, maybe years creating. And of course this thievery distracts us from what we do best... make fonts.

So I don't care what anyone thinks about how we do business or my "rants". This is the only way we can continue to make fonts.

But should you decide that you agree with me on the seriousness of piracy and choose to do business with us, you'll find we are quite accomodating and quick to help you when there is an issue.

--Chuck

Chuck Davis, President
Letterhead Fonts
http://www.letterheadfonts.com

SignosaurusRex

Should not be long now. I think I will be releasing the three new scripts one
at a time instead of waiting until they are all ready. That way I won't be
inclined to rush them.

:clapping: You have not rushed them yet, don't start now! Great things take time to perfect! (insert Mona Lisa wink here)

JoshLoring

Guys, if anyone is running windows..
I use font agent pro for font management. It loads any LHF fonts fine and saves tremendously on your system resources!!

Sharx

I realize this was an old topic that got brought back up, but as a newer member, I enjoyed the read. I have some of the LHF fonts, and to be honest I couldn't imagine not having them in my library. I bought some in that initial time frame with the installer and had some issues, but Chuck has always bent over backwards to resolve any issues I may have had, including when my main computer died a horrible death, and the rocket scientist that I am had little to nothing backed up!:Oops:

I'm a font junkie, (sadly not nearly as good as few on here!)and love looking in the grocery store or out in public at fonts, and picking them out. To the point even my kids can pick out fonts, and have favorites and some they don't like. One of my 11 year old twins saw a local Chinese Restaurant sign the other day and I overhear her tell her friend in the back seat how bad the layout is and how she hates brush script! My wife just looked at me and chuckled, "wonder where that comes from?" Have to admit it was one of my proud dad moments.

I love the Letterhead gallery for color and font inspiration. I tell my wife and kids for holidays and birthdays, fonts are always good gifts for dad. And between Chuck and Steve's work you can't go wrong with either one of them.