• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letterhead Fonts - anyone else having trouble ordering from this merchant?

GK

Hmm...logged into their site, first it tells me I have no orders on my account. I log out then log in, too may payment attempts, access denied.

Todd-sta

thanks Flame...for the link to the font site.

I've ordered a few from there before, and you're reminding me prompted me to order another 5 fonts just now. Great guy to deal with too....

SignManiac

I'm still pissed about not getting my t-shirt when I ordered my last package deal ? Oh well, still not as bad as getting run over by a city bus.

Service Sign Co

When I say ""have it"" I mean buy it,I have stayed away from LHF only because of the difficulty of being online to use them.hopefully they can sort it out if they haven't already

GK

When I say ""have it"" I mean buy it,I have stayed away from LHF only because of the difficulty of being online to use them.hopefully they can sort it out if they haven't already

Unfortunately...Bob...was actually right. I spoke with Denise Bayers today from LHF and they sent me all the ones I purchased earlier with that DRM management nonsense in plain old .otf format. Now I actually have all the fonts I should. So no need to worry about that previous stuff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately...Bob...was actually right. I spoke with Denise Bayers today from LHF and they sent me all the ones I purchased earlier with that DRM management nonsense in plain old .otf format. Now I actually have all the fonts I should. So no need to worry about that previous stuff.

I don't deal with these people for fonts.... and not for any specific reason, so.... does this mean all the bitching and complaining was due to user error or a misunderstanding ??

:help: What seemed to cause all the ruckus in the first place ??

Digital_Dan

ITS THAT DAMN MAC......is your problem

Hey now, that's a touchy subject, to me you are working on a PC (Piece of ____) computer - Haha.

Anyway, I had upgraded to CS3 and lost my LHF fonts. Contacted them and they sent the actual font. Yes Bob was right, give them a second chance.

Todd-sta

Well today came and went and no response to my email from Chuck at Letterhead fonts...I guess he must not want to exchange my money for his fonts....so I bought 5 really nice fonts from Steven at http://www.artandsignstudio.com/fonts.html. Great guy to talk to and deal with....I highly recommend him...and thanks to Flame for reminding me about his site...

Deaton Design

IVe been ordering from letterheadfonts for years now, and have yet to have the first problem that couldnt be straightened out.
Blame their security issues on the people that sell and trade their fonts every day. I guess they decided that they would make it a little harder for the pirates to copy and sell their fonts all over the world. More power to them. Their company exists to make money,and losing sales every day to people with no scruples, gets to being old and costly. I use fonts from all three of the fontmakers mentioned. I have all of Steve C's stuff and almost all of Signdna's, and quite a few of letterheadfonts.
And Todd, Im wondering why you would use an email to sort out your problems with buying fonts off the site to, and I quote:
maybe because I included my thoughts that I didn't think it appropriate to air his public dirty laundry in a pissing match with a particular customer who illegally used his font - while I agree with his premise. Whatever, it's his site he can do whatever he wants
I mean, agree or disagree, why bring it up when you are trying to get help?

Todd-sta

And Todd, Im wondering why you would use an email to sort out your problems with buying fonts off the site to,

I mean, agree or disagree, why bring it up when you are trying to get help?

Well John, not sure if I understand the "email" question you present. If you mean, why did I email him directly to sort out my problems....it is because they don't post any other means of contacting them. I spoke with Chuck before about this.....when he actually had a phone contact number buried layers deep so you couldn't barely find it......and he said he did that because he had people calling all the time asking questions and it took a lot of his time.....or something to that effect....and he was thinking about taking it off the site completely so he wouldn't get so many calls as I remember - which apparently he has done....at least, I can't find it.

Why bring it up? Because I saw his $1000 font heading and wondered, "What kind of font would cost that much?" So, I clicked on it and started reading and feel like I got suckered into reading his rant like being suckered into an Amway meeting. I have a gut feeling he really doesn't intend to help. I've emailed them like three times asking for a call back and get no response.....so I can only surmise that he didn't like my take on his ridiculous $1000 font rant. The two other sites mentioned have been great at sending fonts and responding without a fraction of the hassles...

I see where I can backdoor him and buy LHF fonts through other sites...I just don't see that after buying probably 20-30 fonts from LHF....he won't respond???? Strange, rude, and bad business practices if you ask me.

By the way John - I'm not the only one who's having problems...not everyone might post it but I've received a handful of emails and a few PM's from people with the same experience.

I guess I should call the phone number and contact person I was just PM'd and work with that person.

(Didn't even know this thread was here)

First off, I want to apologize to anyone having difficulties back in 2007/2008. As others have noted, we tried a DRM installer for 3 months that failed miserably. But that led us to our current FontGuard method which simply embeds the customer's name and email into each font they download. There is no installer and of course no DRM. The fonts install and work like any other Postscript OpenType font. You can read more about FontGuard here: http://letterheadfonts.com/piracy/fontguard.php

Let me remind everyone that we answer all support issues within 1 hour during regular working hours. This is my own guarantee. I don't like sites that take their time getting back to their customers. If you happen to send us an email after hours, you'll wait no longer than about 10 hours. If you need to send us an email, please use this form because it contains all the info we'll need to assist you: http://www.letterheadfonts.com/contact/other/form.php

I'm disappointed about one post here linking to pirated copies of our fonts. That's why we're so strict about who we sell to. If you insist on arguing about our anti-piracy measures and being a jerk, I will refuse to sell to you. Simply put, if I can't trust you, I don't want your business and you'll be prevented from ordering. We work too damn hard on these fonts to have them pirated a month after release. So I prefer to sell to those who understand our plight and respect the work we are doing.

Regarding the phone number. As with most businesses offering technical support, we don't post that because there is certain information we need to help you. Using the form gives us all that -- and we need time to look into the issue. Otherwise, we'd be speaking to you on the phone, then we'd have to hang up to look into the issue and then call you back again -- thus wasting your time and ours. But of course I don't hesitate to call someone when I feel that it will be the most efficient manner to solve the problem.

By the way... Steve at Signfonts does amazing work (and he's a nice guy to boot). He is a script-master for sure. You can't go wrong with his stuff. He too works hard on his fonts, so be sure to purchase any of his fonts that you may have acquired otherwise.

--Chuck

Chuck Davis, President
Letterhead Fonts
http://www.letterheadfonts.com

Todd-sta

Wow... this is an old, old post.

Since Chuck resurrected it from the dead, I can tell you all that he and I worked out our 'misunderstanding' many months ago, and I have since been 'unlocked' and 'allowed' to purchase fonts from Letterhead Fonts again.

I still think shutting customers out just because they complain is one of the more bizarre things I've ever heard of and reminds me of a particular Seinfeld episode... but hey, his business and he can do what he wants.

My experience since this years-old post have been very positive. I have purchased many fonts since and have had no issues.

I particularly like the quality and style of the many fonts I have purchased there... which must be encroaching on 40 by now.

The site is well laid out, very professional... and I now get quick responses if I do need to contact them for some reason.

I would highly recommend you taking a good look at their site, because I'm unaware of another custom, quality, artsy sign font site that has as wide a selection of magnificent fonts as Letterhead Fonts.