• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LF Ontario HP Dealer

Bigdee

Hi all,

I know Proveer is a dealer for HP printers in Ontario, Canada but I was hoping I could get a few quotes to compare for a L26500.

Currently, I was quoted $19,995 + TAX CDN which includes a set of ink.

I know it's more than what you guys pay down south. Is this a decent price?

Thanks! :Canada 2:

ps. I'm open to dealers that sell used printers as well. I wouldn't mind a L25500 either if the price is right.

Bigdee

***Update***

So I am still on the edge of whether or not I should purchase my own printer. Especially since I will be a brand new start up company. I know everyone recommends you to sub it out at first or atleast until you have enough work to justify purchasing your own. But, I kind of like the fact that I can have the printer in my possession and learn as I go. Although, it does come at quite a hefty price tag since I will also need a laminator, plotter/cutter and RIP software.

The thing with subbing out the printing locally is, why would my local competition want to help me out? Do I outsource it to a company out of my local business area? The next thing I worry is, if there are mistakes on the graphics, certain panels don't match up, etc I will have another few days of downtime. I know this is the nature of subbing and this is just what you have to deal with if you don't have your own equipment. I'm just torn on what I should do.

Sorry, I know I am derailing my own thread. Is there a forum section that I can ask for local businesses to help? Or is my best option to be calling up local businesses to see if they are willing to work with me?

MIMO

+1 on Access Imaging, a big no for Ernest Green

I stumbled across Access Imaging when my 'relationship' with Ernest Green & Son went sour (that was where I bought my L25500 but we'll leave that one for another day).

I've only purchased media and consumables from them, but they are a smaller outfit, not too small, and have been responsive when I need it.

As for subbing out, there are advantages and disadvantages. I don't know your business model or level of experience with print, so I can't say one way or the other. I'm in Toronto so feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it.

Oh and $20K is pretty standard now for the L26500, fair but standard, so you're not getting a 'steal' or anything. I've found that in the GTA they can all do about the same in terms of $.

Last edited:

anotherdog

Talk to some of the local trade printers, the GTA is lousy with them. if you can wait a month go to CONSAC... actually you should go to CONSAC in september anyway if you are thinking of buying, there will be sure to be some good deals on the floor.

There are always plenty of trade printers there too.

So I am still on the edge of whether or not I should purchase my own printer. Especially since I will be a brand new start up company. I know everyone recommends you to sub it out at first or atleast until you have enough work to justify purchasing your own. But, I kind of like the fact that I can have the printer in my possession and learn as I go. Although, it does come at quite a hefty price tag since I will also need a laminator, plotter/cutter and RIP software.

The thing with subbing out the printing locally is, why would my local competition want to help me out? Do I outsource it to a company out of my local business area? The next thing I worry is, if there are mistakes on the graphics, certain panels don't match up, etc I will have another few days of downtime. I know this is the nature of subbing and this is just what you have to deal with if you don't have your own equipment. I'm just torn on what I should do.

Sorry, I know I am derailing my own thread. Is there a forum section that I can ask for local businesses to help? Or is my best option to be calling up local businesses to see if they are willing to work with me?

Bigdee

Talk to some of the local trade printers, the GTA is lousy with them. if you can wait a month go to CONSAC... actually you should go to CONSAC in september anyway if you are thinking of buying, there will be sure to be some good deals on the floor.

There are always plenty of trade printers there too.

Thank you, I will definitely be heading to the show.