• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light streaks on print media

Shamil

Does anyone know what these long lighter colored streaks are on my print? They almost look like oil from hands that got printed on, but most of them are too straight. Some of them even fun slightly diagonally. I'm trying to print a color change wrap on Avery 1105 EZ RS with a Mutoh 1324 using OEM ink.

Attachments

• IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 503

Shamil

Looks like its a head strike? I raised the print head lever to banner and it removed the issue. Whats weird it that I have been printing on 3M 40C lately for some car magnets and didnt have this issue, even though the material is thicker.

Roto

Does anyone know what these long lighter colored streaks are on my print? They almost look like oil from hands that got printed on, but most of them are too straight. Some of them even fun slightly diagonally. I'm trying to print a color change wrap on Avery 1105 EZ RS with a Mutoh 1324 using OEM ink.
Your heaters are not right, we used to have that exact problem with our Roland VS640 we increased the heat on the drying skirt to 50deg C and now no problems. It's caused by tunneling as the head move acoss a tunnel they spray the ink on the two sides of the tunnel causing a light coloured line down the print. We have our printers set to 37Deg C on the print area and 50deg C on the drying skirt. Maybe call the supplier for correct temperatures. Lastly it seems worse for some solid colours for us it was blue. Good luck.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It appears you're running a Mutoh of some sort, correct?
If it was a head strike, you'd more than likely see ink in those places. Give it a good cleaning just in case it was- but also clean your pinch rollers (do not use solvent- use IPA and wipe them, do not soak because they're pricey) because I suspect pinch rollers or material contamination- which were the issues that would cause that when I ran a ValueJet 1624.

CountyDown

I have experienced this too, using HP360 latex on dreamscape media. It turned out to be a vendor issue, plasticizer was coming to the surface in a certain batch, causing pale streaks. We changed the the premium Dreamscape and the problem has disappeared. We have experienced the same on other materials from other manufacturers, and it seems the issue was similar. Change the batch, and things should improve.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I totally agree with Roto, it is very common when using standard media feed system, we switched to swing arm feeder and take up to apply uniform tension on the media which hepls much in reducing tunneling specially on long print runs.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Those streaks are caused by the media buckling during the print. Turn the heat settings down and make sure the vacuum is set to high and it should fix the issue. The post heater can be cranked all the way up but the pre and platen heaters should be adjusted to be a high as possible without buckling.

MAXX

Hi,
i just noticed a issue close to this:
If i print on Oracal 3164, i can see the trails from the pinchrollers first meters. First i thougt, it comes from a headstrike but the trails are exactly in line with the rollers.
This is only visible, if you print monochrome colors! In images or gradient colors everything looks okay.

My assumption is, that something had changed the coating on the started roll, because the issue is going away after 1-2 meters.
It looks like the Surface is compressed too strong. (see attached file)
My rolls are standing sideways and don't laying upon the printing surface. It seems to be a problem with air or something, that changes the coating...

Anybody has same experiences?

btw:
has sombody a link for Color-Profiles from oracal for my Mutoh 1624X ?

Attachments

• 3164.jpg
    3164.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 361