• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lines from pinch rollers

petepaz

i am printing 4x8 3mm white sintra on my roland lej-640 and the finished image has some lines where all the pinch rollers are. i never noticed it with any other material .
any ideas on how to get rid of them?
i have got similar lines when printing on my xc-540 but you can remove the rollers on that machine, can't do it with the uv machine

petepaz

here is a pic of the issue

thanks tim our sales rep already put us in touch with grant and he is working on getting this resolved but so far it doesn't look like there is too much info for this issue
here is a pic of what we are getting

Attachments

• uv print-lines.jpg
    uv print-lines.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 88

Jack Knight1979

ah man. that is a bummer. I HATE it when this happens. The rollers on my 745ex are fixed and I used to get this from time to time. It came down down plasticizer migration on cheap vinyls. The oily surface of the cheap vinyl was marred by the rollers.

Have you tried wiping down the sintra with alcohol before running them.
Bad board?

petepaz

i wiped the boards down with alcohol to clean them and to reduce the static
and i got it on two boards i tried to print. the guy from roland said it may be because it is a cheap version of pvc board but they are still doing some research. these things happen unfortunately but it always seems to happen when the job is a rush
just lucky i guess..haha

petepaz

i think we resolved the issue and it looks like it was a static problem. we used our anti-static roller that we use on our silk screen materials. wiped the sintra down with it and got a good print

McDado

Have you tried playing with the temperature?

Wiping down the pinch with alcohol + temperature resolved mu problem....
(cheap vinyl...)