• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Linking my PC's Together w/o a Server?!? PLEASE HELP

bbeens

Not sure if someone has already pointed this out, but the JV33 is USB 2.0 only. There is no firewire port on this machine or Ethernet. I would chime in on the connecting PCs but I think it has been covered quite enough.

Cheers,

Bryan

PartyMatt

The new Mimaki printers are using USB.

Mimaki JV33 Specifications

So you need:

(1) USB printer cable sufficiently long to reach your printer
(1) 4-port network router. Lynksis, Netgear, D-Link, whatever.
(2) Ethernet patch cables long enough to reach your router.

Set up the router according to the included directions. Hook up the PC's to the router with the patch cables. Run "network setup wizard" and enable file and printer sharing. Connect the printer via USB to the RIP station and install drivers that came with it. Share the printer in the printer control panel. Share any drives you want shared under Win Explorer.

That should do it.

SignBurst PCs

That is intersesting. I didn't know that they had gone to USB. The last one I set up was FireWire only.

Good to know! Thanks.

bbeens

Casey,

Starting with the JV5 they have been USB 2.0 only to the best of my knowledge/bad memory.

By the way, I've been lurking here for a few years. I work for Wasatch and usually get to play with many new printers.

Cheers,

Bryan