• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid Lamination...Frog Juice

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Straight out of the can, it's tough to work with, especially this time of year.

We have it in quart cans and we have a separate cans cut to 50%, 35%, 25% and 10%.

If the area isn't too large [less than a 4' x 8'] we generally will give a dry coat or two of frog juice from a rattle can. Let that sit for an hour or so, then roll the liquid on.

We also use the ClearShield products, but personally, I always thought they turned a little too milky for my liking.

Techman

It flakes and yellows. It melts magnetic material. .. I have no use for it. I have a can purchased 7 yrs. ago never opened and another can 1/4 gone.
I have no idea how people can make it work.

Tdewitt

Thanks for the replies, what scenario would you use it versus standard lamination, I have been thinking about trying it. Would you offer it as an option to standard lamination at a lower cost?

Techman

Nope, No reason to use it. There are better liquid lams out there.
No,
I would use floor wax before I would use that stuff again.

artbot

we use it on inkjet canvases off of the canon. we tried several options and it came out ahead (despite me being unimpressed by the very unprofessional marketing of lime green labels and being called "frog juice".) we thin it to about 1:1 to 2:1 naptha and it's pretty much impossible to spray a piece badly because the material wets out so evenly.