• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo concepts for an agricultural service company

TimToad

Hey all,

Our area's landscape is gentle rolling hills and has over 250 vineyards within a 15 mile radius. This client does a variety of work almost exclusively for those vineyards. He's a manly man, so he wanted something simple, sturdy and super readable on the highways as he goes from job to job. Its very common here to abbreviate the word agriculture to AG.

Galli's logo concepts.jpg

Attachments

• Galli's logo concepts.jpg
    Galli's logo concepts.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 303

Color Spot North

Hey all,

Our area's landscape is gentle rolling hills and has over 250 vineyards within a 15 mile radius. This client does a variety of work almost exclusively for those vineyards. He's a manly man, so he wanted something simple, sturdy and super readable on the highways as he goes from job to job. Its very common here to abbreviate the word agriculture to AG.

View attachment 99981
First thought is the greens are competing against each other. Perhaps find some harmony with them by making them the same, or at least same gradient range?

Jillbeans

Way too contemporary for what it is.
I'd do something with an icon of the hills to the left of the name.
The name in a nice typeface, caps and lower case, no weird wedding looking initial.
If it works in black and white it should work in color...but what you have is very weak, color-wise.
Love....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

Agrees with Jill

Also spell out agriculture it may be common but advertising is not text messaging, & alot more classy when spelled out even though you can get away with it, just make it fit

Agrees with Jill

Also spell out agriculture it may be common but advertising is not text messaging, & alot more classy when spelled out even though you can get away with it, just make it fit

A lot of agricultural companies around central Illinois also use the word ag as an abbreviation for agriculture and agricultural. It's pretty commonplace, but I agree that agriculture does tend to make a name sound more classy.

TimToad

His registered business name is Gall's AG Service and Repair and that is what he goes by, and is known as. About all he will be doing with this logo is some business cards and truck graphics.

Thanks to all for the input.

vid

I'd keep it really simple.

nice.

The serifs and font weight on this one give it a more manly feel. With the OP's starting layout, the "G" at the start of the name seemed too voluptuous to convey a masculine feel. Also, in Jill's layout, the use of the lowercase makes it more legible for a name that isn't all that typical ...around these parts, anyway. While the use of the lowercase softens the manliness of the logo, it's a nice compromise to bolster the legibility of the name --- and it does offer the sense that the guy is approachable.

It wasn't described in the initial post, but I'd like to get a sense of what the guy does with the logo icon. If it's specific to vineyards, perhaps using a graphic that was more industry appropriate. Are his repairs the ag service? Then, an icon that is perhaps more repair oriented.

That's my .o2

Jillbeans

No prob.
Today is my day off from the real job I was forced to take after 29 years in this business.
:Big Laugh

TimToad

So here is the first concept I came up with that I still think is a stronger one than the two he whittled it down to, but he didn't like the serifed font. The other idea I am working up is taking the script "G" on the upper concept, (his wife's idea) truth be told and replacing it with a much bolder, almost round font "G" and having the teeth of a gear look like its taking a bite out of it. Or turning the gear the other way and have it be the outer edge of one side of the G.

Galli Rockwell Bold.jpg

ExecuPrintGS

The box on the right really kills this for me, the horizontal line draws my eye to the right and its met with a big box.
Just my first impression.

TimToad

Latest iteration on logo

Hey all, here is the latest version of the logo I've been working on. The customer has since given me more input and he really wants a gear of some sort in the work as he works on client's winemaking equipment, setting up trellises where he uses winches a lot, etc.

Galli's gear logo concept.jpg