• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

cmaxdesigns

I was hired to design a logo for a company that formulates health care supplements. I have 4 different versions for all to critique. Please help me see which ones have potential (if any) and what I can do to improve them. I submitted the first one to the company to use in the interim but have not shown them the other 3. I do realize my fonts need more prominence but I haven't figured out how to make them bolder (more unique) without making the design too heavy.

Thanks for all advise and criticism.

Chad

Attachments

• FF_rev1.jpg
    FF_rev1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 136
  • FF_rev1b.jpg
    FF_rev1b.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 115
  • FF_rev2.jpg
    FF_rev2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 104
  • FF_rev3.jpg
    FF_rev3.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 133
  • FF_rev4.jpg
    FF_rev4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 124

Dave Drane

I like #4. Very easy on the eye to apprehend and very easy for reproduction such as embroidery screen prints etc.

Jillbeans

Since you've already submitted the first one, only submit the 4th one. It (to me) has the most potential without looking too trendy. And if you send them too many ideas you will only confuse them.
I can see that 4th one working as a label, etc.
Love....Jill

rjpjr

FF_rev1, FF_rev1b and FF_rev2 - Not feeling it with these.

FF_rev4 - Really like the molecular feel of the icon but not fond of the Fusion arrangement. Difficult to read. Maybe swap the text from FF_rev3.

FF_rev3 - I like this one, but would like it better with small modifications. Lose the dark glow around the text and icon. I think I would also decrease the size of the icon to about the same width of the text.

signgal

I think Jill's right about the customer becoming overwhelmed (they have teeny tiny imaginations afterall) and I get what Dan's saying too. The name has a science feel, they need the holistic feel to "fuse" with it in the logo. :) I think what Shovelhead's heading toward is the way to go. I'd lose the emblem at top like he suggests and romove the "matrix" feeling background altogether on #3. It's simple, earthy feeling and easy to simplify provide as one color vector art as well.

Circleville Signs

I think that the biggest thing that you are running up against here is that all of these feel very "web 2.0-ish" to me. I'm guessing that this company is trying to market to other companies rather than direct to customers. If that is the case, I think you should try a "less is more" approach.

Of the ones that you've posted here, #4 is far and away the best. I would lose the cup-like element from underneath the icon. I would also lose the gradations, and present it to them both vertically (like you have it) and horizontally.

Just some thoughts.

Gary

High Octane

I agree with Shovel...the lettering in the 3rd one is very unique...I kinda dig it...not the top of the design though....not feeling that part

Custom Bob

The lettering of #3 is cool. But the avarage person might have trouble comprehending it.
I like #4.
How about trying the #3 leaf design inside the semi circle on #4.

speedmedia

I agree with Shovel and High Octane. But I also think 4 is the most promising from a simplistic point of view.

Thanks,
Kurt

royster13

How can anyone provide a comment on a logo for a company they know nothing about?...If this company were trying to reach the "nearly dead" age group as nice as these logos are, they may all miss the mark......

GypsyGraphics

I submitted the first one to the company to use in the interim but have not shown them the other 3.Chad

What????? They are using one of your preliminary designs? I've never heard of such a thing. If they liked it enough to use it... isn't your work done. Check Please!

Aside from that...

My first thought looking at the first few was... botanical, must be a holistic thing. But then two more high tech lab looking, threw me. So, as mentioned by others, I don't know enough to make an educated choice.

But visual... #4, very clean!

I prefer to think of supplements being formulated in clean controlled environment, rather than a greenhouse. But that's where information about the client would greatly effect my opinion.

Last edited:

cmaxdesigns

Thank you all for your advice. I appreciate it. I think I will pay attention to massaging the design on #4 since that is what most of you liked. As for futuristic, that is what the client has asked for. They formulate tablets, vitamins, gel caps, and lotions. The company falls into the Nutraceutical category. These designs are not clipart for those who asked.

Can anyone shed light on a different font I could use? I tried making the font look like it was "fusing" together but I am not happy with it. Again thanks for the critiques and advice.