• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo critique

studio 440

looking for critique of identity branding and logo concept for tech startup robotic s firm. orbot.jpg

Craig Sjoquist

Thinks the bevels are great.

Does look modern.

Hopes the dark background is just for something to do cause it does not help contrast unless that is what ya like low contrast with all that.

The shape does over power the name,

This logo does not give a image of what this business is about, I'm a thinking at best bionics for human hands or something along that line.

That was in order of what I saw & thought.

Conor Knoxx

for me.... loose the texture background, the "sparklies" (maybe one light-star if you really need something like that) and the effects on the text. The bevel on the graphic looks ok to me.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Not knocking your design, but your customer should really re-think their name. Yeah, it's trendy, but they've set themselves up for a lifetime of "spelling and explaining" their name to vendors, customers and the like.

Do you s'pose this might be a constant challenge for auto correct...or perhaps someone with dyslexia?

JB

Jillbeans

Is your light source coming from the same spot on the lettering and the icon?
I think the colors are too christmassy, I'd try a process blue on the lettering.
Definitely lose the background entirely.
The name reminds me more of a spacy-jetsons looking icon than a nut & bolt-looking one.
Love....jill

studio 440

thank you all. it was for packaging labels and i did get carried away with the effects but couldnt find the diamond plate.with this great forum i have learned much and thank you all.allways look in black and white first i know, orbot.jpg but effects are so much fun

peavey123

The new one is unreadable eh. Take this logo out of photoshop and do a bunch of different layouts in your vector program. Not just the same layout with different effects.

JoySigns

The graphic image may be a little large in comparison to the text? The text definitely should be lightened up in the grayscale image.

ucmj22

I think youd be doing yourself a big favor by getting rid of the effects and gradients.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-20 at 9.44.20 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-08-20 at 9.44.20 AM.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 51

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Design it in black & white, FIRST!
No effects, no textures. Just B & W.

If that works, a few effects will possibly help it, but design it in B&W first.

(P.S Studio 440-that diamond plate comment was meant as a joke, by the way...)