• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo critique

studio 440

Very cool ucm i like it .thank you for the advice i will continue to rework it and add some new ideas( p,s, i was also joking about the diamond plate)

qmr55

Are you designing in PS? Try working in illustrator from now on for your logo work. You could be on the right track but minus the effects and the bs. Couldn't tell you what they do or even a guess from the logo though....good luck!

studio 440

A quick one still have far to go but no time to work it right now . will post more soon orbot.jpg

studio 440

By the way you dont have to tell a product by its logo example the nike swoosh what does that have to do with shoes.Or the bank of america design. its graphic identity branding

Jillbeans

^We've all heard that one before when someone is defending a poor logo attempt.
Try your latest without the bevel and texture.

qmr55

By the way you dont have to tell a product by its logo example the nike swoosh what does that have to do with shoes.Or the bank of america design. its graphic identity branding

Thank you for the lesson in branding. Now tell me, did I miss something, or is "arbot" a noticeable brand like nike?

Marlene

uck! I don't have much good to say about it. I don't get it at all. what is that shape? just a shape or does it relate to the product some how? the font looks old and dated like a techie font from the 80's.

looking for critique of identity branding and logo concept for tech startup robotic s firm

how will they be using the logo? website? product? ads? how does this sell the business and what it does?

artbot

the black and white one is the right direction. the lower case one is better. maybe rotate the center of the nut a bit so it lines up. that is a great brandable icon. but it's just a few degrees to modern to do the job.

artbot

it's close. i'd just tweak the fonts a bit. ...something like this?

Attachments

• orbott low res.jpg
    orbott low res.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 65

Marlene

they do robotic research for nasa and the pentegon its a new startup

with that info, do you think this is the kind of logo that would work for a business like that? what you have is something that an 18 year old would put on their car to let the world know they have a brand of speaker, shocks, or some other add-on. it doesn't look like something that would work for a company that deals with NASA or the Pentagon. keeping it simple is the right direction but the overall look of it says something else. it doesn't have a professional feel to it.

studio 440

thank you artbot for the positive response and helpful ideas,by the way Dd i started with lhf cool blue,and marlene i would love it if you could post some of your ideas and concepts so i could see some professional looking designs. thank you all for your input