• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design for you to destroy

Marlene

what is this guy's target market? both look sporty, is that pretty much the market is goes after? if so, either of these works but I like the bottom one better without the blue. if you go with red, try using a richer more saturated red than the bright red.

I also think your dog sucks:Big Laugh

Deaton Design

Destroyed...

Okay Pat, I destroyed them...now what? :Big Laugh

Attachments

• patslogos.jpg
    patslogos.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 106

Deaton Design

By the way, both of them have appeal, but the top one looks better to me. The bottom one has a little too much of a westerny feel to it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Variation on a theme

I don't think there is much to destroy on this ... when I think southpaw the first thing I think is boxing. and that pretty much hits that feel right on the head with a hammer (or fist in this case) without using a pair of boxing gloves.

Alrighty, technical wtf's ... the S in southpaw looks a little crushed in, if you make it a little bit more wedge shaped (really just make the top flair out to the left a little more) it will probably offset the visual weight of the W at the end that hangs off the banner. not sure if the inner drop shadow on the text is needed, can't complain about it though .. yeah ... that is about it.

axis

The top one is nice to look at, though it reads better without the grey. I'm not sure if that means drop the grey or darken the red. Maybe both. On a letterhead it's probably ok but on a sign the grey won't be that visible and it will make the red harder to read. I'd drop the grey on "Southpaw", there's enough going on there, and maybe leave it around the panel.

The bottom one looks like clip art. From the '80's. Also, when you arced the letters it really distorted the shape of them. The shape of the "O" really bugs me. Unless I purposely want the letters to look wacked out, when I arc text I also go back and correct the letterforms. Sometimes it's the difference between looking like a DTP hack or a sign designer. And, no, I'm not calling you a hack. It's just one of those things people will notice, even if they can't point it out.

The top one is nice to look at, though it reads better without the grey. I'm not sure if that means drop the grey or darken the red. Maybe both. On a letterhead it's probably ok but on a sign the grey won't be that visible and it will make the red harder to read. I'd drop the grey on "Southpaw", there's enough going on there, and maybe leave it around the panel.

The bottom one looks like clip art. From the '80's. Also, when you arced the letters it really distorted the shape of them. The shape of the "O" really bugs me. Unless I purposely want the letters to look wacked out, when I arc text I also go back and correct the letterforms. Sometimes it's the difference between looking like a DTP hack or a sign designer. And, no, I'm not calling you a hack. It's just one of those things people will notice, even if they can't point it out.

Good critique. I pretty much agree with what you said, but I never noticed the "O" until you mentioned it. It definitely could use some fixin'.

I really like the first one. I think the grey does drown out the detail of the red script, at least when it's enlarged. Oddly though, I don't notice it so much on the thumbnail. Not at all really. It would look great displayed as channel letters.

WeBdiverse

I like the top one, try adding a touch of black, more contrast. Be careful though, black and red from a distance blend so make sure it isn't defining the red, possibly a white then black stripe
Looks clean though!

Dan Antonelli

Variation on a theme

Pat this looks solid. It somehow reminds me of a t-shirt silk screener logo or something with sports / apparel.

The ribbon seems a little forced. Its a very cohesive layout, and its a solid and professional look, but makes me want to say I've seen it before.

With that being said can you introduce an icon, or another more uniquely identifiable element?

Pat Whatley

We're going to revisit the project in a month or so and either add an icon or a character to give it more of an identity. He's going with this version. Invoices, forms and business cards are done but only because they are short run items. Letterhead, envelopes, and boxes will be done after the art is complete.

This is the business card layout. Employee info plugs into the white area. The cards are matte finish with only the red having a U/V gloss coating. Not a high end job, by any means, but I think I'm dragging him as far up the ladder as he'll go.

Attachments

• southpaw-card-2.jpg
    southpaw-card-2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 112

qmr55

Pat I like how it ended up, looks clean and professional. Reminds me a lot of a concept I gave to one of my clients awhile ago!

Attachments

• signature_home_solutions.jpg
    signature_home_solutions.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 112