• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo feedback, please.

petesign

lol, i was trying to do it in black and white.

**Edit -- I see what you did there.

**2nd edit, wow I am having one of those days!!

Attachments

• m&widea.jpg
    m&widea.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 80

ForgeInc

I agree with signmeup. Needs more "butch"! None of them say construction or engineering to me, and they look a little dated too. You have a great opportunity to play off the letterforms and how they are symmetrical, maybe play around with that some more but keep everything heavy and sharp.

Jillbeans

...then Mr. Bucks, my hero, has to come along and save the day...
:)
Although I like Colin's as well.
And Adrian's ain't bad for a pancake!

TheSellOut

I would suggest downplaying the "Construction" lettering and emphasize the "Services" to help portray the idea that they are not general contractors. I agree with Forge that the "M" and "W" are great letter forms to play of each other, but throwing that ampersand in there really makes it more difficult.

Attachments

• M&W Services.jpg
    M&W Services.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 83

JR's

Again, here's an alternate... now I didn't research blueprints or pull some technical dingbats. Which you should. But just a quickie brain fart that might suggest construction/engineering etc...

Sweet.

man thy all look good.

JR

GoodPeopleFlags

Great suggestions, guys! I like your idea, signmeup, with the + sign. I'll play around with that.

I feel better knowing that you guys agree that this is a tough one! Whew!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I would be careful with the MW mirrored look. I have seen it done dozens of very similar ways. Just google MW logo - select images tab

Marlene

I think biker scout was right after all. I poo poo'd the idea as I thought it would look like Mircle Whip, when I saw what he (or she) did, I like it

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Does it need the ampersand in the logo? I am wondering if when placed along with the wording it can easily be read as such

I thought the word "and" or ampersand can throw off many designs and harder to incorporate

Attachments

• MW-construction.jpg
    MW-construction.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Biker Scout

Hmmm... I might be a "She" according to Marlene. I'm feeling totally emasculated right now and need to adjust my bra. :covereyes:

trickedout

Although i havnt made a sample logo for you I might ask, Are they a more of a laid back company or my strict to business type.. Some of the fonts and logos Look a little to "Playfull" with the type of font and even colors for a Construction SERVICES company.. Unless the owners are nice and laid back and like that, I would go with a more Conservative, business looking appoarch, Which you also have some great examples of as well.