• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for a multi purpose business

Signmaker1234

Took your advice into concideration and followed the original direction. Made a more detailed pictogram for the excavator and played around with fonts in the same classification. Found a "friendlier" one that is just as readable.

I appreciate the feedback from all of you guys, must not forget to mention that :thumb:

I like the old font better! Just my opinion!

Haakon

Maybe it's just me, but I get more of a feeling this is a hardware store. I think you're into this too far and don't see it's not working. :Oops:

Still open to suggestions :)

Remember that the company's name is misleading to what they actually do, and what they do should be apparent from the logo. Not the most favourable project in that matter.

TimToad

Still open to suggestions :)

Remember that the company's name is misleading to what they actually do, and what they do should be apparent from the logo. Not the most favourable project in that matter.

My biggest suggestion is to try and re-prioritize your messages as they are in direct competition with each other at the sizes, boldness and colors they are. While icons can be very helpful in conveying a theme or message, you still can't forget the order we expect viewers to register things in their minds is important. When two competing images or visual cues are too close in size, then the viewer is left unmoved by either.

Here's a couple more quick ideas of mine.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JOHANNESSEN 2.jpg
    JOHANNESSEN 2.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 151

TimToad

I think Tim's is pretty good but it might be to noble for a handy man.

One of my primary philosophical beliefs about logo design is to design UP to an audience instead of presuming we always need to dumb things down to the level of the lowest common denominator. We should always be striving towards a higher aesthetic value regardless of the business type.

I'm positive that a well designed, ascending quality logo has saved or assured the initial success of more average businesses, than all the average or "just good enough" logos ever have.

I don't see anything in those last two layouts that screams pretension or snobby. They are nearly the same shapes, colors, icons, and text as the OP's, just reorganized a little.