• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Idea

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Wichita Falls Signs logo concept:
wichita-falls-signs.png

wichita-falls-signs.png

wichita-falls-signs2b.png

wichita-falls-signs2c.png

HTH,

SignsSupport

SignsSupport

W O W

And there ya have it.​
Ha. Honestly - I'm not sure if this is a tongue-in-cheek "you suck - you're horrible!" comment as a flame .. or if you actually like the design...
Likely the former - But who knows? Who cares...? Anyway - Just a bit of an idea.
I had a few minutes to fiddle around in my graphics app and thought I'd post it whatever the case is...

SignsSupport

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's hard to say. You keep adding things, long after my comments, but suffice it to say........ W O W !!!

In your own example, did you try the 'Squint' test ?? There are other things too, but that would be my first suggestion.

edit: Ya know, I don't mind you scolding me all the time, deleting my posts and ridiculing things I say, but when you try to do things that are out of your reach, but in my field, then I believe I have a right to say something without the fear of being reprimanded. Fair enough ??​

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's hard to say. You keep adding things, long after my comments, but suffice it to say........ W O W !!!

In your own example, did you try the 'Squint' test ?? There are other things too, but that would be my first suggestion.

edit: Ya know, I don't mind you scolding me all the time, deleting my posts and ridiculing things I say, but when you try to do things that are out of your reach, but in my field, then I believe I have a right to say something without the fear of being reprimanded. Fair enough ??​

I tried once to give helpful advise once... My suggestion? Not this person...not this time... they are not afraid to use their power to prop themselves above the rest.:noway:

Everything looks great SignsSupport! Thanks for the great ideas!:thankyou:

SignsSupport

edit: Ya know, I don't mind you scolding me all the time, deleting my posts and ridiculing things I say, but when you try to do things that are out of your reach, but in my field, then I believe I have a right to say something without the fear of being reprimanded. Fair enough ??
How dare you? And publicly. Again - Usurping my authority in your own peculiar way... For your and apparently now public information: I do not "scold" you all the time. I don't delete your posts on any regular basis whatsoever! I don't ridicule the things you've said unless I have a counter-point to offer, and generally offered in an eloquent and polite manner. So - I'm not sure what the you're talking about. And this particular line of posting is absolutely ridiculous Gino! I don't appreciate it at all. It's insulting and it's juvenile.

And please spare me your condescension! If you didn't like the design I took 10 minutes to put together - then shut your pie hole!
I mean seriously! What the hell have you contributed here other than insults - one of which was aimed at the Original Poster! WTH dude?

I'll caution you to watch your tone & your intent, as well as reflect on your own particular standing as Signs101's #1 Poster as of this posting, and perhaps set an example that we can all respect.

Thanks for the critique.

SignsSupport

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
How dare you? And publicly. Again - Usurping my authority in your own peculiar way... For your and apparently now public information: I do not "scold" you all the time. I don't delete your posts on any regular basis whatsoever! I don't ridicule the things you've said unless I have a counter-point to offer, and generally offered in an eloquent and polite manner. So - I'm not sure what the you're talking about. And this particular line of posting is absolutely ridiculous Gino! I don't appreciate it at all. It's insulting and it's juvenile.

And please spare me your condescension! If you didn't like the design I took 10 minutes to put together - then shut your pie hole!
I mean seriously! What the hell have you contributed here other than insults - one of which was aimed at the Original Poster! WTH dude?

I'll caution you to watch your tone & your intent, as well as reflect on your own particular standing as Signs101's #1 Poster as of this posting, and perhaps set an example that we can all respect.

Thanks for the critique.

SignsSupport

Where did he insult me? Nothing he said was taken as an insult... o_O

He provided good feedback about the font be whispy and thus I changed it to something better.

Really confused with that statement that he insulted me.

I appreciate the feedback, thank you Gino for helping make my layout better.

I don't like how my thread got railroaded... It's obvious who threw the first blow, but I don't want to call them out on it because I may then vanish into thin air.

TimToad

The primary "font" is too much of a distortion of Serpentine ( an already far too dated typeface to be considered ) that it does not project confidence, experience or professionalism.

The partial Texas silhouette doesn't have enough of the state showing to give it context.

Antique Olive Nord is so dated, I didn't realize anyone except old school Gerber IVB users still used it for anything. It's also way oversized in this example.