• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Vectorising

Browner

Here's a larger version of their logo, took about 10 seconds to search for it on their website. At the very least, it gives you a better "template" to start redrawing from.

Weird... I guess Fred has the forum set up to resize the images. So here's an outside link (just a little larger): http://www.consortiagroup.co/images/cgst.jpg

Attachments

• cgst.jpg
    cgst.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 106

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes, an uploaded image larger than 800 pixels gets reduced in size to 800 pixels. Here's a cropped version from your link that hasn't been downsized.

Attachments

• consortia.jpg
    consortia.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 88

Mosh

Hit the print button....sounds like you are spending more time thinking about this than it is going to be worth!
That is a pretty simple design I could re-draw in corel in 5-10 minutes, come on.

sfr table hockey

I find it odd that you all have gone so far in the sign industry and aren't fluent enough in Photoshop to damn near mirror that image from scratch.

I think that was the issue for the OP. It could be re-created in photoshop but they were wanting the same visual thing done as vector.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Yes the key part here is matching it as a vector. If you could do everything in photoshop that you can do in Illustrator or vice versa then why do both programs exist?

I don't see how you can do this in photoshop and then convert it to vector with the autotrace tool. That will result in a posterized version of the logo. You will loose all of the subtle color transitions

Maybe Corel has capabilities that Illustrator does not?

CP Signs

Just my. 02¢ I use all of the., CorelDraw X5, Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS6. Corel's PowerTrace is a lot better the Ilustrator. I have a friend at Adobe, yes I get the software for dirt cheap, and him and his team studied Corel's PowerTrace for months trying to get theirs better ad he admited to me that Corel won that round. I do save a lot of time vectorizing logos now.

SignProPlus-Chip

Well everyone else here was talking, I reproduced it on spec.;)

Full size is 10 inches wide at 400 DPI

What is shown below is the same size as what was posted earlier in this thread for comparison

If you want it, we can talk. Just LMK.

UPDATE: The new master I created was nice enough to vectorize, so I have both vector and raster images of it now

Raster image on the left, and a raster of the vector on the right.

Attachments

• consortia.jpg
    consortia.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 86
  • consortia2.jpg
    consortia2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Jim Doggett

Fellas

Thnanks for the referral to Vector Doctor but he cant help with this one as its not all produced as vector to begin with.

So, looking for any poiters on getting the attached remastered.. Is an odd one as the company is quite large and they appear to not have a suitable logo that can be enlarged.

Any help appreciated

Steve

A chiseled type would nicely emulate that effect, in one-color vinyl. In fact, I suspect is was a chiseled type later dolled-up in Photoshop.

Some examples are here including one that's downloadable for free: http://mr-clipart.com/int/fonts.php

Centro Graphics

2B Yes you are about right with that, I asked and apparently they dont have.

Browner: Yes I saw that one on the site too, was only using the low res to show what I meant, thanks

Mosh, they spend a lot with us (albeit not all their own stuff) so keep em happy, to keep em coming.

SFR: Yes thats right thanks

Eric: Thanks yes we have emailed each other on this, I will be sure to call on you for a straight forward vectoring project.

CP Signs: Errmm we dont and never have used Corel, never been a fan of it.:Oops:

SignPro: Great stuff that would be great thanks, pm on way.

Jim: Nice one for the link. On another note, I have very good friends in Ireland with the same surname. Wild question, any relatives back on the green isle? I met them mid 90's when I was living in Los Angeles.

Steve

sfr table hockey

Well everyone else here was talking, I reproduced it on spec.;)

Full size is 10 inches wide at 400 DPI

What is shown below is the same size as what was posted earlier in this thread for comparison

If you want it, we can talk. Just LMK.

UPDATE: The new master I created was nice enough to vectorize, so I have both vector and raster images of it now

Raster image on the left, and a raster of the vector on the right.

Well.... you put your mouse were your mouth was....... and did a fantastic job.

Just wondering if you used the trace in CS6 or some other way to get the vector so clean?

When I was fooling with the trace I noticed slight waves to the gradient when the trace was done but didn't fool with it after that. But have to say the new CS6 has a nice trace feature now.

The OP should be impressed. And I see now he was.

SignProPlus-Chip

Well.... you put your mouse were your mouth was....... and did a fantastic job.

Just wondering if you used the trace in CS6 or some other way to get the vector so clean?

When I was fooling with the trace I noticed slight waves to the gradient when the trace was done but didn't fool with it after that. But have to say the new CS6 has a nice trace feature now.

The OP should be impressed. And I see now he was.

Thank you!

I ended up doing a trace of the remastered raster I made. That helped a lot. When you get REALLY close on the vector you can see some imperfections, but I ran a couple of print tests here (high res full letter size), and those imperfections are so tiny, they blend together during print.

Centro Graphics

Thanks to Chip at Signpro for the logo in a nice clean psd. Not sure why they asked for a vector, they certainly dont need one really, although Chip did convert for me. Used the PSD version in the end.

Job to be printed tomorrow and delivered friday. Thanks again.