Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at a printer

Discussion in 'Roland' started by crash77, Jun 16, 2008.

1. crash77

crash77 New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    I was just wondering I have a man who is retiring and selling his business I want to get into doing my own printing and one thing that goes with this little shop is a 54'' Roland printer using Eco inks how good are these printers for quality and reliability and will it work for vehicle wraps thanks

Tags:
  2. AznSensation

AznSensation Member

Dec 16, 2007
    newbs newbs newbs.. everywhere!!:thumb:
    research the printer before asking questions... Some of us.. took time to research... and u should too. My advice to you... go to there website:tongue:

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Use the search feature! Check for the model you are looking at, how old is it, how much has it been used, do you have any experience with large format printing, does software/rip come with it? These are just some of the questions you need to ask and answer yourself!

Also it would be nice to intriduce yourself first before asking for answers!

Welcome to the forums from PA....

4. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA................

5. PartyMatt

PartyMatt Member

Feb 26, 2008
    You like to lead with the chin, eh crash? :)

From one newb to another . . . the Roland is probably an SP 540V print/cut machine and is one of the all time favorite printers for small wrap shops. Roland has a very solid reputation for quality and reliability. As long as the machine has been well maintained and is in good repair it should be a solid investment.

Now let's discuss your business plan . . .

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome form PA......................

7. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Bienvenue!

Québec

8. Capital Signs

Capital Signs Very Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    I have a Roland Versacamm 54" and it works excellent. Always get compliments on my prints, and will get more I'm sure after Mike Adams comes and profiles flexi for me...

Great printers and cutters. IMO

9. crash77

crash77 New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Thanks for the information wanted some unbyas information from people not trying to sell the machine. Thyanks again sorry for not doing the intro

10. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

TOOOOOO TOOOO FUNNY....NEWBEE, is a point of perspective! 150 POSTS, and youre givin another NEWBEE, crap????? hahahahahahahahaha

11. AznSensation

AznSensation Member

Dec 16, 2007
    So your calling people newbs... based on posts? lol....alright.. YODA... teach me..
    just to let you know.. i have 8 years of experience in the sign industy..ALL LEARNED THRU RESEARCH and YEARS WORKING FOR MY DAD... and im only 22..

the guy who started this thread... had a question for all of us.. and I answered...RESEARCH..

12. ManningSigns

ManningSigns Member

Aug 3, 2004
    The roland printers are good printers. The sp-540v are slower but still great printers. Are you looking at the business or just the printer? Does it come with any training from the owner?

If he is retiring and is willing to help you learn. I would say go for it. Could save years off the learning curve. Just don't start with wraps.

13. OldPaint

oh iam so sorry, i misstook you for a newbie)))))
    seein as i started painting sign at 12-13, and did it as a side job till 1986, when its all ive done since then.
    and i turned 63 in may, gee how could i be so dumb???))))

14. crash77

crash77 New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Just to add a little information on me I have been in the sign business for 12 years started as an installer worked up to production manager of a 12 man shop worked on everything from vinyl to DCO's,backlit signs pretty much anything, you name it we did it.Didn't get a lot of hands on with the printers I just found this site couple days before I was to meet this man so I was in a little bit of a rush to hear opinions from other people that work with these printers not sell them, I tend to trust the opinion of other sign professionals over the company pushing there product, And again sorry for not introducing myself before and again thanks for the positive feed back I did get it was helpful

15. dr_h792

dr_h792 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    jeez man, he was just looking for an honest opinion about the printer

16. OldPaint

dr. h792, dont pay attention to SOWING BI ZONG PARK,
    he knows it all hes 22))))))))))))i guess the BI means what it says)))))

17. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

I have an SP-540 and use it everyday. Good machine for the small shop.

Oh, Welcome, also.

18. AznSensation

AznSensation Member

Dec 16, 2007
    then go ahead and pay attention to OldHAG.. U'll learn LOTS from him..

19. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

LOL...

you guys sound like women....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2008
  20. AznSensation

AznSensation Member

Dec 16, 2007
    lol i do feel retarded...