• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at a printer

crash77

I was just wondering I have a man who is retiring and selling his business I want to get into doing my own printing and one thing that goes with this little shop is a 54'' Roland printer using Eco inks how good are these printers for quality and reliability and will it work for vehicle wraps thanks

AznSensation

newbs newbs newbs.. everywhere!!:thumb:
research the printer before asking questions... Some of us.. took time to research... and u should too. My advice to you... go to there website:tongue:

signage

Use the search feature! Check for the model you are looking at, how old is it, how much has it been used, do you have any experience with large format printing, does software/rip come with it? These are just some of the questions you need to ask and answer yourself!

Also it would be nice to intriduce yourself first before asking for answers!

Welcome to the forums from PA....

PartyMatt

I was just wondering I have a man who is retiring and selling his business I want to get into doing my own printing and one thing that goes with this little shop is a 54'' Roland printer using Eco inks how good are these printers for quality and reliability and will it work for vehicle wraps thanks

You like to lead with the chin, eh crash? :)

From one newb to another . . . the Roland is probably an SP 540V print/cut machine and is one of the all time favorite printers for small wrap shops. Roland has a very solid reputation for quality and reliability. As long as the machine has been well maintained and is in good repair it should be a solid investment.

Now let's discuss your business plan . . .

Capital Signs

I have a Roland Versacamm 54" and it works excellent. Always get compliments on my prints, and will get more I'm sure after Mike Adams comes and profiles flexi for me...

Great printers and cutters. IMO

crash77

Thanks for the information wanted some unbyas information from people not trying to sell the machine. Thyanks again sorry for not doing the intro

OldPaint

newbs newbs newbs.. everywhere!!:thumb:
research the printer before asking questions... Some of us.. took time to research... and u should too. My advice to you... go to there website:tongue:
TOOOOOO TOOOO FUNNY....NEWBEE, is a point of perspective! 150 POSTS, and youre givin another NEWBEE, crap????? hahahahahahahahaha

AznSensation

TOOOOOO TOOOO FUNNY....NEWBEE, is a point of perspective! 150 POSTS, and youre givin another NEWBEE, crap????? hahahahahahahahaha

So your calling people newbs... based on posts? lol....alright.. YODA... teach me..
just to let you know.. i have 8 years of experience in the sign industy..ALL LEARNED THRU RESEARCH and YEARS WORKING FOR MY DAD... and im only 22..

the guy who started this thread... had a question for all of us.. and I answered...RESEARCH..

ManningSigns

The roland printers are good printers. The sp-540v are slower but still great printers. Are you looking at the business or just the printer? Does it come with any training from the owner?

If he is retiring and is willing to help you learn. I would say go for it. Could save years off the learning curve. Just don't start with wraps.

OldPaint

So your calling people newbs... based on posts? lol....alright.. YODA... teach me..
just to let you know.. i have 8 years of experience in the sign industy..ALL LEARNED THRU RESEARCH and YEARS WORKING FOR MY DAD... and im only 22..

the guy who started this thread... had a question for all of us.. and I answered...RESEARCH..
oh iam so sorry, i misstook you for a newbie)))))
seein as i started painting sign at 12-13, and did it as a side job till 1986, when its all ive done since then.
and i turned 63 in may, gee how could i be so dumb???))))

crash77

Just to add a little information on me I have been in the sign business for 12 years started as an installer worked up to production manager of a 12 man shop worked on everything from vinyl to DCO's,backlit signs pretty much anything, you name it we did it.Didn't get a lot of hands on with the printers I just found this site couple days before I was to meet this man so I was in a little bit of a rush to hear opinions from other people that work with these printers not sell them, I tend to trust the opinion of other sign professionals over the company pushing there product, And again sorry for not introducing myself before and again thanks for the positive feed back I did get it was helpful

OldPaint

dr. h792, dont pay attention to SOWING BI ZONG PARK,
he knows it all hes 22))))))))))))i guess the BI means what it says)))))